Thread: How do I stop my male kitten biting the new female????

How do I stop my male kitten biting the new female????

We have a male kitten netured and he is 6 and half months..
    We have bought a 4 month old spayed female in the house and she has been confined in one room.... they have met each other and there doesnt seem to be any hissing or growling... But the male always jumps on her and grabs her skin...she cries so i have to seperate them..... I dont know what to do, elp??????

Sounds to me like your male is trying to show dominance and tell the little female he is king of the castle. It is a normal behaviour. It is basically a pecking order and they have to work it out between them. Do not step in everytime she makes a sound. Unless it gets rough then just let them work it out for themselves. If it does get rough then separate them and put one in one room alone and the other in another room alone with closed doors. Kinda like a time out.

They are both young so once they work out the ranking in the household they should be best buddies. This should also happen rather quickly. Please keep us updated on their progress and do post some pics of the babies. What are their names? And BTW welcome to pet talk.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

It sounds like kitten tussles, setting the hierarchy and so forth.

Keep their nails trimmed so they don't accidentally hurt each other. You don't need a scratched cornea! Other than that, let them work it out. Keep a water squirt bottle handy if you think they are getting too aggressive; but the female needs to learn to stand up for herself, as well.

Good Luck!!!

Your male cat is probably trying to protect his territory. He is probably says "Hey! This is my space!" Like everyone else is saying: let them work it out, but don't like them get aggressive and rough. Also keep both of their nails trimmed. You would never know if the female will turn around an scratch your male. Also a water bottle wouldn't hurt either.
    Good luck!!!
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

I knw i need to let them go, but i just hate wen i hear the female cry.....Its funny cause wen they are seperated, the male sees her paws coming under the door and licks them....He also has no problem lettin her eat out of his bowl with him....