Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamoni gone to the RB

Lamoni gone to the RB

After 16 years he was just not eating or drinking. He had trimed down to 15 pounds (from a high of 18). Over the last couple of weeks he went all the way down to 10 and 1/2.

The boy was so smart. He could count. Well he new that 3 fingers were more than 1. I used to tell him how many nights I was going to be gone on trips. He new that Cindy is blind. He used to tease her by setting behind her and meowing. When she would turn around he would get up, walk around her, sit back down and DO IT AGAIN! Finally she would yell at him and he would walk off with the biggest grin.

He had always recovered from being sick. He got colds and flu with us. One time he was so sick that his ears turned pink through all that fur. A very hot cat. He jumped on a chair piled with junk and tipped it over. Chair, junk, and cat fell down a full flight of stairs. I went down and dug him out. His back was always arched after that.

Being old he must have jumped off of something wrong recently. He came up with a limp. The white coats said that this was likely permenant. He got over that too!

Then he started getting thin and weak. We watched him over the last three weeks. Changed diet, did tests, no help. He was not the same cat. I would have loved him no matter what. I could never think of giving him up.

Saturday, Jan 27, 2007 it was over. We took him to the white coats for the "last visit". He was just so thin.

His picture is here.

This was just short of a year since we lost our Fifi. Now we are "cat free". My two little fiends are gone.

Lamoni would never come set in my lap. Please, my little buddy, sit in God's.
    ATB

Charles Kincaid

RIP Lamoni.

Big Hugs to you Charles. You've been gone too long.
    The complete Knit-wit and occasional domestic diva.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Charles, I'm so sorry to hear you've lost Lamoni. Such a character he was. Know he's now at peace, and be comforted that he had a good long life with you. Lamoni is not suffering, but playing happily with Fifi and the other kitties at the RB.

Lamoni, rest in Peace, you will always be remembered.

(((((hugs)))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Lamoni sounds like he was quite a character... and I am certain that he knows he was loved and that he will be missed.

Godspeed to the RB little one, and RIP.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

I am so sorry to hear about Lamoni. He had a great life with you. It is great to remember to good times and the bad times you two had. It may be sad, but it's well worth it. I am so sorry...
    RIP Lamoni
    Good luck at the Rainbow Bridge and play hard...very hard...
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Unhappy

How sad to lose such a personality, but Charles, you must remember, Lamoni was an ORANGEMAN!!! Sleep softly, sweet Lamoni...
    Nine is Fine!!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Charles, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of Lamoni. He sure was one beautiful kitty and I know he will be missed. He had a good, long life with you. Play hard at the Bridge, sweet, fluffy Lamoni.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I am so very sorry for your loss!!! my prayers and heart go out to you tonight, he was beautiful, you did the best and most selfish thing you could possible do for him. Bless You.

So Sorry

So sorry for your loss of Lamoni. May you find comfort in the fact that Lamoni is happy and yes, sitting in God's lap.

What a handsome sweet looking boy Lamoni was. I'm sure he's enjoying his rightful place on God's lap, as you say. And one day he'll be on your lap again. RIP, Lamoni.

Blessings,
    Mary

Charles, I'm so sorry to hear he sad news about Lamoni. But like Peanut, he is now in a better place and is whole and healthy again, and able to be his adorable silly self.

RIP Lamoni, you will be missed.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Wink

We Are Sorry To Hear About Lamoni.
    He Was Such A Big Orange And White Companion, Full Of Joy And A Touch Of Mischief.
    He Got His Wings Sunday And Is Enjoying His First Week As A Pet Angel In Bermuda.
    Hes Writing Down All The Nice Places That You Will Enjoy When You Are Reunited In Love.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Lamoni sure was pretty. I'm so sorry he had to be pts. It's so hard to do. I have 3 cats and I couldn't imagine losing one of them.

I know Lamoni is happy now and waiting for you so you both can be together again
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Rest in Peace Lamoni

I am so sorry for your loss, we were in your shoes a little over 2 years ago when we lost our beloved Pete who had been with us for 17 years, he had eased the blow when we lost our dog Pearlie in 1989. we had not thought about him leaving us one day, he to became slow and started lossing weight his cost was no longer shinning, we were at the vets everyother day I was feeding him Pedilite for babies with an eyedropper. I did all I could, so on the Morning of Nov. 4th I said goodbye to my son, and his
    dad took him to The Vet for the last time. We were totally devastated. We had a family member very ill at the time and with the loss of Pete I could'nt take much more. I cried constantly, so 10 days later a friend called me and told me Pete had left something for me, and when I got there, I met my KaDi a very different cat in all her rights. but very special. So you grieve and have a good cry as I just did, and still do at times for my boy. And I am sure when you are ready there will be some tiny little Furr ball with tons of energy waiting for you. You take care of yourself. And know he is like a kitten again at RB.

KaDi's Mom

I am sorry to hear of Lamoni's passing. He sounds like such a character and a cat that gave you so much love and companionship over many years.
    RIP Lamoni, I am glad I have learnt about who you were if it was only briefly.