Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Plastic update: he also ate THIS! p.3

Star probably thinks little brothers are a big pain sometimes. It does
    sound like boredom set in when you were away. As I've said before, gosh
    I wish we lived closer to Findlay park so my pups go burn off some energy.
    It must be so nice to go daily if you want to.

I am glad Sherman didn't chew up something like a tax refund check.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I havé been following this since day one.........and I can say not so happily that China is a gold member in the chewing-what-you´re-not-supposed-to club..........

naughty Sherman......please stop chewing up stuff, mommy is worried......and so do we......

btw........SMOOCH........on that Shermie pic, right through the screen!!

good girl Star, teach your brother sweetie
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I had my Lilly at the vet, yesterday, because she started throwing up on Sunday afternoon and it was constant through the night on Sunday night. Dr. Robinson gave her an injection to calm the tummy and also gave her a big dose of Barium, in case he needed to x-ray her for a blockage today. thankfully, the throwing up has stopped. But, my reason for posting is that he told me that he had operated on a Lab (I think it was a Lab), just yesterday, and pulled out two socks and a pair of ladies underwear!!! You are wise to be cautious with Sherman. Hope everything will be fine.

Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    But, my reason for posting is that he told me that he had operated on a Lab (I think it was a Lab), just yesterday, and pulled out two socks and a pair of ladies underwear!!!
    is right! Double ! How in the world does a dog swallow something like that?
    *quick update: still finding 1/2" pieces of plastic as of this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    my reason for posting is that he told me that he had operated on a Lab (I think it was a Lab), just yesterday, and pulled out two socks and a pair of ladies underwear!!! You are wise to be cautious with Sherman. Hope everything will be fine.

Logan
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    is right! Double ! How in the world does a dog swallow something like that?

A couple years ago we operated on a lab whos owner said the dog is always getting into his dirty laundry on the floor. (why the owner keeps putting his laundry on the floor when he knows the dog eats it, is beyond me). Anyways the dog had been vomiting, and not eating. We did barium & x-rays and showed something blocking the intestines. Once we opened the dog up, we removed a perfectly INTACT KNEE HIGH tube sock!! Unfortunately the owners had waited a bit before bringing the dog in, so we also had to remove a small section of intestine. Dog recovered just fine, and I think after the bill, rechecks, and trouble, the owner may be picking up his dirty clothes now. lol

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Sherman, don't be so NAWTEE! I have to say I love the pics though...that's a great close-up, I love the red husky snow nose.

I tried free run of the house with Nebo, it worked for about a week...then he decided to rip up a plant and the wicker basket it was in and spread it throughout the house. My parents decided that was the end of that...perhaps Sherman wouldn't mind sleeping in a crate while you're away? Nebo loves his, sometimes I swear he wants me to leave, because knows he'll get his milkbone in his kong.

Oh Sherman you Nawtee boy

Star, it's always the girls who are the good ones isn't it

Hugs to you both!!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh Sherman, why must you be so nawtee?!

I just love his pout face though.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

When I read this - I thought of this thread immediately!

RAISINVILLE TOWNSHIP, Michigan(AP) Here is a dog with expensive taste: A pit bull ate its owner's $5,000 wedding ring before being made to throw it up again. Tina Burlett had thought someone broke into her house and stole the custom-made ring. But her grandmother suspected the family dog, Missy.

X-rays showed she was right.

"I couldn't believe it," Burlett told The Monroe Evening News. "I didn't think so at the time, but it's funny now."

Missy has been caught gnawing on VCRs, electric blankets and even Burlett's diamond earring.

"I did have a dog eat a watch once," said Dr. Linda Fung of the Country Creek Animal Hospital. "Animals swallow a lot of stuff. It's not an unusual thing. We just made her throw it up."

oommyy
    SHERMAN!

Keegan ate one of my grandma's nylons - THANK GOD it came out all in one piece!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Wedding rings? Nylons? Yuck, that sounds nasty. The folks at Sherman's kennel had a champion husky named Thor that ate jewelry. Must not have hurt him, when we met him he was going on 17 yrs. old!

Sherman seems to be off his non-food eating binge, (knock on wood)! I'll still keep checking for a few more days, but I think he's in the clear. This morning he even nudged away the cookie treat I gave him, then I watched him take it outside & bury it in the snow. I will pay more attention to leaving things around, sheesh! I'm so happy I don't have any $5000 wedding rings laying about!

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    Sherman seems to be off his non-food eating binge, (knock on wood)!
    don't knock too hard -
    ya don't want him to eat that too!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Shiny Penny

This thread just reminded me of an incident long ago. My first born (michael, now a Sophomore in college) came running into our bedroom one Saturday morning some 15 years ago yelling, "Sarah ate a penny, Sarah ate a penny...". Sarah our second born was maybe 2-3 years old. I asked her if she ate a penny to which she said "NO". But her eyes betrayed her (as they always have and still do) I asked her again as she lowered her head and her eyes grew even bigger (the surest of all signs that she was guilty).

"Sarah... did you eat a penny"? No answer. So I tried a different approach, "Sarah honey... where did the penny go"? She opened her mouth and pointed into and downward.

So we called the pediatrician and they told us not to be alarmed, but that we should thoroughly check her bowel movements for the next couple of days. If we didn't find it to call back and they may have to do an Xray.

Fortunately we didn't have to wait long... the next morning we found it in her diapers. Didn't have to do much searching at all.

It was the "SHINIEST" penny I think I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBS DAD
    It was the "SHINIEST" penny I think I have ever seen.
    This has me LOL! So...did you save her "lucky penny" to give to her when she grew up?