Thread: Eating

Eating

My one ver y fat cat eats almost all my little 11 month old cats food! They don't eat out of the same bowls, and they get fed at the same time! My yongist cat is always hiding so she doesn't get to her bowl as fast. The biggest problem is they eat different kinds of food, one for kittens and 1 for older cats. What should I do???????

Feed both cats one food

I would give up on the kitten food and give them both the same adult food.

Good luck!

We free feed our 4 cats, and we use adult Nutro Max Cat. They all seem to be doing well.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

adult food !

I agree !! It's okay now to give all the cats adult food !!! Choose one that is good for young AND older cats ; ask advise in the shop , as there so many different kinds !!
    Good luck !!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

Free feeding adult cat food isn't going to help your fat cat get smaller.

I would try to feed them in different rooms for a while. Maybe your 'fat cat' won't be so fat if he's fed just what he needs and can't get into the kittens food.

I should talk! My cat Ghost is now at 16 lbs. I've switched from free feeding to twice a day with no treats, but I really don't know how much I should be feeding at each meal. I'm guessing at how much and letting him get his fill.

In a month I'll see if he's any lighter.

I wouldn't worry too much about WHAT but more about HOW MUCH each one gets. The kitten needs to get adequate nutrition.

Mary

The only problem now is that my one cat is on special food because he eats too much and throws up. It might not be good for my younger cat.

You should probably feed them in different rooms. Then take the food away when you're gone and feed them again when you get home. I know that kittens need to eat more often so try to feed it more often or larger amounts of food. I know its hard when you have more than one cat. I also feed all three of my cats the same kind of food. Good luck.

I know a gave advise already ; but I think that it might be a better idea to feed that "hoover" first , and while that one is busy eating , find out where the little one is and feed her there .. . It is worth trying !! Success !!!!!!!!!!

my simon is 7 months and eats adult food(since 6months)and my dog sandys(5years)food.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Emily

It is really hard when you have a kitten an adult; what I would is give up the kitten and feed it adult food. I had the same problem, i stop feeding her kitten food. I just feed her what my adult cat was eating. All of my three cats eat out of different food plate. It is really hard to keep a cat from eating the other cats food.

I separate my kitten from my 2 adults at dinner time (adults always have food available), but the funny thing is; one of my adult cats loves the kitten's food, and the kitten is always munching on the adult's food!

I agree with separating the two when it's feeding time. I have four cats, one of which is on a special diet. Every night I feed him in a separate room from the others. My cats all devour their food so everyone is done within a couple of minutes. Then I can let him out. All of their food gets measured out. The other 3 I feed science diet light, and they have ALL lost weight!
    It's not that hard to separate a cat, it's not that time consuming and it's better for the kitten-poor thing needs to eat his share too!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

There are two in my menagerie that won't eat unless they are alone, namely Tiger and Amy. Amy is so thin, sometimes I wonder if she is eating enough. Tiger is the largest and heaviest cat I have. I place canned food in a tray and set it on top of the refrigerator, then pick up both cats and place them on top also. The refrigerator is high enough to keep all of my "jumpers" from gaining access to it, so Tiger and Amy can eat in peace. When they are done they simply jump down.

...........wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 09-30-2002 at 07:21 AM.