Thread: Overpopulation problem in South Florida

Overpopulation problem in South Florida

The pictures and video are just heart wrenching....

Tri-county area leads nation in pet euthanization
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Kimmy, that article is sad but at least it posts some success stories and suggests ways to help...It gets so tiresome reading about the overpopulation problem and not hearing any hope or suggestions to make it better.....

Thanks for sharing...I think I may look into some of the shelters and organizations listed in the article to get some more ideas to forward on to the local shelter here...

Sorry Kimmy, I can't look...it's just too heartbreaking.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Jenn, you're welcome. I think it is wonderful that they lowered the cost to get more adoptions out. I too looked at the ways they improved for suggestions for shelters around here.

I don't blame you mugsy. Not at all. *hugs*

Kimmy,

Those pictures broke my heart! I can not tell you how many sleepless nights I have spent just thinking about dogs in shelters and on the side of roads, etc...

Is there really a solution to this problem? Yes, there is. Will this problem every be rectified? No, it won't! The animals are not to be blamed for their misfortune. It's peoples' fault!

While I was at the vet today getting Roxeygroomedand checked up, (my latest rescue effort posted in DOG RESCUE), there was a woman that brought her bloodhound to be put down coz the "dumb" dog got pregnant! That dog is not like a dum teenanger that got pregnant! Can you believe that crap?! Why didn't you get her spayed in the first place, you dum #$%^&! Excuse my anger. Luckily, my vet has a heart and told her to surrender her to them and they would take care of the bloodhound and find homes for her and her puppies!

It makes my blood boil when I am at the shelter and some man brings this dog and says, I don't want him anymore. Last week while I was at the shelter this man brought in a JRT and said, this dog is too hyper! He bounces off the walls and is too much for me to handle. He went on about how he paid $300.00 to buy this purebred dog, etc... And what a waste of money it was! Geez, buddy, didn't you research the breed before you spend $300.00 on a dog you knew nothing about?!!!

Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by DoggiesAreTheBest; 06-25-2002 at 09:14 AM.

I SOOOOOOOO agree Souraya!!

People like that just rub me the wrong way.

Whenever I take donations to the shelter I take Kia with me. The first time we went, I had a lot of stuff so I took Kia in with me (too hot to leave her in the car) to get help.

The woman at the desk just gave me this look like, "Okay lady... what's the reason.." till I told her why I was there and she was instantly thrilled to see me and Kia. Some of the workers even recognized her.

I can't imagine what they go thru everyday, listening to peoples crap.....

I would volunteer but have to quick of a temper and couldn't handle people's $#@%* excuses.

whew! Off my soap box!

Those are the reasons I gave up my job as a vet tech. i spent to much of my day arguing with people and putting down WAY to many fuzzy freinds.
    Merlin,Lady and I now make blankets and toys for the shelter here.