Thread: Finally found something useful for him to do...

Finally found something useful for him to do...

Taught Trav a neat new trick today and he wanted to show his friends how he does it

He's such a clever guy. I was thinking this would be a hard trick for him...boy was I wrong! He picked it up in 5 minutes. Its so hard to find something challenging for these guys We're still working on it though. I want to get it so he does it with me standing at a distance. Right now he does it with me right by him.
    Anyway, here are a few short videos. (each only a few seconds long..)

Had my mom take this for me. Yes..that is me. LoL

I took these

If you haven't figured it out, I taught him how to turn off my bedroom light Very simple hand signal where I hold my index finger pointing down and tap the light switch while telling him "light". (Gradually the hand signal has changed to me just pointing to the light switch and giving the "light" command) He then jumps up and turns it off with his paws

When I showed my parents they were amazed. My dad did a double take. He didnt believe I had managed to teach Travis how to do that.

Hope you all enjoy his new trick as much as he does
    Ruled by:

The GSDS: Addaxx and Fenyxx
    The Poodle thing: Frodo
    The Chihuahua: Stark

aw what a good boy! Chloe knows knows to flip the light switch on and off also, though she howls the whole time shes doing it

Great Job!
    What a smart boy he is!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Aww- good boy! Galina is fascinated with chain pulls on lamps- and pulls them- but I do not think its that to turn on or off the lamb-- she just wants the little ball on the end of the chain... rofl..

hmmm...I bet i could teach the dogs that, and they can follow hubby and the kids around turning off lights that everyone has left on! cant tell that bothers me can you???
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Who needs the clapper when you've got Travis!?! LOL
    That's a neat trick, so when you are in bed and want the light off, Travis can do it for you. Amazing!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

That actually is pretty handy. As the above. If you forget to turn it out, you can just send him. Too bad mine aren't as tall. I'd teach them to do that, and maybe a little laundry as well....lol.
    TFT ftwtyvm!

I've Been DEfrosted.

that's cute! Misty turns my bedroom light on and off, its a pull cord style, I added an extension so she could reach lol non of mine can do light switches, but only cuz they cant reach lol..well Happy probably could but she has great difficulty standing on her hind legs for some reason so she physically would not be able to
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Haha yes, that is what I'm aiming for "Oh..Im too lazy to get up and turn off the light...Oh Travissss!"

If anyone is wondering about the scratched up door...Travis did that when he was a puppy.
    Ruled by:

The GSDS: Addaxx and Fenyxx
    The Poodle thing: Frodo
    The Chihuahua: Stark