Thread: Look what I found!!

Look what I found!!

I was out walking with my sister this morning down a creek trail by her place. We turned a sharp corner, and this little gal was in the middle of the trail catching some sunshine!

I picked her up and she sprayed a little musk at me, but didn't bite and settled down after a minute of handling. I moved her away from the main trail to a spot where there's not a lot of foot traffic, so hopefully she stays out of trouble. She's a harmless California Kingsnake. I'm fairly sure she's female because when she musked me, her uh...lady bits...were exposed. Someone had taken a bite of her tail at some point, it was just a well-healed nubbin.

I'm still grinning like an idiot, what a fabulous way to kick off the day!

Wow, she's so shiny and gorgeous - thanks for relocating her somewhere hopefully safer!
    I've Been Frosted

She's got such an interesting pattern! Bless you for helping her to a safer place!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

With a title like that, and knowing who posted, I just HAD to look. What a good size! I don't know too many folks who would have picked her up, though. Thanks for taking the photos, lovely to see up close like this.

Hee hee, my sister was telling me "I would never have picked that snake up!" and I understand why, even I was concerned abot getting a prickly bite. I was just so worried about someone coming by and harming her, since hundreds of people walk by that part of the trail every day.

She's beautiful. and thanks for seeing to her safety!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

What a lucky snake that you happened by! She's very pretty.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla