Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Still no home for Ally... Update Post 35

Still no home for Ally... Update Post 35

I've been hesitant to post an update - there is so much sadness on PT at the moment... with the loss of some of our special kitties, so I hate to add more bad news...

I still have not managed to re-home Ally. I have looked again into bringing her here to Lagos. There is basic vet care available, but the logistics of bringing her into the country are almost insurmountable. Also, supply of all imported foodstuffs here is erratic at best, and NONE of the shops I have checked have any of the types of food which Ally eats.

I have exhausted every possibility for rehoming her in Bahrain, and have had no luck.

The only person who is willing to give her a home in South Africa has other dogs and cats, and Ally is purely INSIDE ONLY - whereas this person would let her be outside/inside. I know in my heart that Ally would not cope with the transition to this hectic noisy house, and would probably panic and run away - then I would have to live the rest of my life wondering what happened to her.

Ally is still at my house in Bahrain, and my housesitter/petsitter is checking on her daily. She has been there - almost totally alone - for nearly 3 weeks already.

Within the next couple of weeks Warren will be flying back to Bahrain, to tie up some loose ends, move our stuff out of the house into storage etc......he keeps asking me " have you sorted something out for Ally yet?" ..... and I keep stalling.

The reality is that, without a miracle, Ally will be PTS within the next few weeks.

I understand if you hate me - I hate myself for even considering putting a healthy animal to sleep. I feel like a murderer, and I swear I will never own another pet as long as I live - it just hurts too damn much.

Please pray for a miracle.
    Last edited by Ally Cat's Mommy; 01-28-2007 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

You and Ally are in my prayers. I will never criticize you; because I know what you are going through.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

You and Ally will be in our prayers, that a miracle new home comes through, or the red tape of bringing her to Lagos comes unwound.
    I've Been Frosted

is she in america ??????
    if not where is she????????

Quote Originally Posted by sprokett
    is she in america ??????
    if not where is she????????
    Ally is currently in Bahrain, in the Middle East. (Bahrain is a tiny island - we have one high-kill shelter and no foster-homes etc for animals). I was active in Cat Rescue in Bahrain for years, and as a result ANY friends of mine who were prepared to adopt cats have ALREADY adopted my rescued kitties.

Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I wish I could do something to help. If it wasn't for the fact that we are still having issues here between Tuna and Corkscrew I would offer to take her. I'll keep you in my prayers that last minute something wonderful will come up.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

AllyCatsMommy,

You and Ally will be in my thoughts and prayers. If there is anything I can do with my contacts here, such as posting her on Petfinder or any other website that may make her chances greater for finding a home, please PM me.

I'd be more than happy to foster her till then. The trouble is getting her here to the US.

PT prayers are definitely needed!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

please, please believe me when i say, you have nothing, not one thing to apologize for. sometimes, heartbreakingly so, as much as you try and love an animal, it can't be. no one here at PT could ever think poorly of you, you've moved mountains for cats, but sometimes the mountain is too big to move. what you decide, will be the right thing for ally, and for you, you will have done everything from love. ((hugs))
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Oh Julie, my heart breaks for you and Ally... I know it's not your fault, you did everything possible, and you had no other choice...

I wish, I really wish, that a miracle will happen and that Ally will find a good home. I don't even try to imagine what you are going through!!

Kirsten

How did you go about getting Connor into the USA? Did you pay to have him sent? I know if the cost were not a factor several people might be willing to take her in.

Julie, you have done your absolute best to find Ally a home. I wish I could take her as well but I am not able to do so.

If someone is able to foster her here in the US I will send whatever amount of money I can for her transport.

(((HUGS))) Meg

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Is there any way we could find a away to transport or at least how much it would cost I would be willing to help pay all so. I am sure if we all put a little money towards getting her here in the US we could find her a foster home till we can find her a forever home.... We should start a campain to save her sweet little life.....She looks like a sweetheart if that is the kitty in your siggy. Would it be easier to get her food in the US??

*I've been Boo'd*

Oh gosh, that is just too sad knowing that she has almost been alone for 3 weeks.

Julie, no one will hate you. It is hard enough to place an older cat, let alone to place one with issues.

I think Joycenalex said it best in her post and I couldn't agree with her more.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} dear girl as I know your heart must be breaking over this ordeal.

In the meantime, big time prayers on the way that a miracle will happen.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom
    How did you go about getting Connor into the USA? Did you pay to have him sent? I know if the cost were not a factor several people might be willing to take her in.
    Some of my wonderful friends here on Pet Talk contributed towards the cost of Connor's transport to the USA.

I've discussed it with Warren, and he has told me we will manage to come up with the money to send Ally, if it's the last resort.......

I'm still worried about her "issues" - I'm not sure how she would get on with other cats in a multi-cat household - I've never been sure if the problems ith Connor weren't made much worse by his deafness - that they could not communicate, so Connor never knew when Ally was warning him to back off......

I do know that her chances of finding a new home are MUCH higher in the USA, but it's not a decision anyone could take lightly.

Ally Cat's Mommy

Julie, I'm sorry to hear this. I'll respect whatever decision you decide to make. Please take care. (((HUGS)))