Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphics

Graphics

Many users are having trouble reading Pet Talk because some pages are too large to load in a timely fashion . I do not know what the file size limit should be. Since the graphics in signatures are on every page you post, I think they should only be about 20k in size. If you have an excellent 30k image that's fine. However, some files are more than 200k in size.

Paul

Former User Guest
    Hey, this is good news. My friend from Finland has been browising here, and as she doesn't have a fast connection, she was getting frustrated.

I guess this post from you Paul is one of those stickies, stays on top, right?

Yes, Karen made this thread "sticky" so it will stay on top.

Paul

The unknown...

Paul, how can one tell what space they are taking up in their signature? I just deleted all the pictures and left an animated gif. What are you really saying, in non-computer lingo? Should we not post so many pictures in our posts? I am confused. (What else is new? )

Former User Guest
    Sas, when you right click the image in your signature and choose properties, you can see how big your pics are. Hope this helps!

Yeah, that's a good idea. I know it's a common misconception that GIFs are smaller size than JPGs, but that actually isn't true, especially if the GIF is animated.

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

I'm glad you addressed this issue, Paul. Some of the signature pictures are pretty cumbersome and delay the load time unnecessarily.

BTW, I was getting a Script Error box popping up every now and then whenever I'd go to view COTD. I was going to post about it to see if anyone else was experiencing this, but lately I have not encountered it . . . was the problem fixed?
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Where were you going to Cat of the Day from? We weren't aware of any problem, so ... if there was one, maybe it fixed itself!

Originally posted by AvaJoy
    I'm glad you addressed this issue, Paul. Some of the signature pictures are pretty cumbersome and delay the load time unnecessarily.

BTW, I was getting a Script Error box popping up every now and then whenever I'd go to view COTD. I was going to post about it to see if anyone else was experiencing this, but lately I have not encountered it . . . was the problem fixed?
    I was getting this message as well. In fact, my favorite was marked as "Cat of the Day" and it wouldn't let me access it. So I changed my favorite to Pet of the Day and haven't had any problems since then.

I also had a problem at about 10pm and then by about 10:15pm it was okay again. I also wanted to thank you again Karen for helping me resize my signature pics. They look great.

Originally posted by Karen
    Where were you going to Cat of the Day from? We weren't aware of any problem, so ... if there was one, maybe it fixed itself!
    I always go to POTD then DOTD and from there click on COTD. The script error would occur on my office computer as well as home. I haven't had the box appear lately, so guess whatever was causing this glitch simply worked itself out . . .
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Hmmm. I think I am a culprit here. I am not sure how to figure out the size of my pics or how to make them smaller (When I select the properties on the pic, it tells me bytes and pixels).

Sorry, about that. If someone could give me some advice on making my pics take up less space, I will be happy to adjust my sig.

Seems that maybe you need to click on the thumbnail size, rather than the full picture. You just right click on the "properties" at the smaller picture, like this.

I have great new pictures to share, by the way, if I ever find the time.....perhaps tomorrow.

Go to where to picture is (eg. your desktop) right click on the icon of the pic, and go to properies. One of the things says image size.

Also, I don't seem to have any probs with the pages loading??

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Karen was nice enough to do this banner for me. Is this better?