Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Nookie

Did the daughter show up?? I hope she weasels out of it so you can keep him. Is the cancer operable?

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

the daughter wasn't with them when they met me. i have her phone # and address. they better not be lying to me. they weren't even happy to see their dog. they showed no emotion and he showed no emotion toward them either. they were so evil and stupid and rude.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Did they take him?

yes

after making me feel like @#$% on purpose
    Alyson

Did you HAVE to give him to them? I thought legally he was yours. I'm sorry if I'm making it more difficult on you, I'm just confused by the whole situation.

He was mine legally and it was my decision. From what I heard, they care about the dog and will take care of him so thats why Idecided yesterday that I would surrender him back to them. But I am extremely upset and hurt at the way they handled it today. I was a crying basket case and they didnt so much as tell me thank you for saving their dog's life and spending hundreds of dollars on vet bills after only having him a week. they did go out of their way to make me feel bad by saying comments on how much crap he's been through and how they're sorry he had to stay with me (yes they did say this to the dog).

i made them sign a contract with clauses that he has to be an inside dog and they have to fax vet records to my work every month. my vet told me that he has so many problems, there's probably nothing that can be done except making him comfortable and letting him live his life out. i dont think he's going to make it through the year.

i've barely stopped crying since yesterday. i have so much hurt inside that i really want to quit my job. i dont feel like i can handle this. i miss him so much. this whole situation is haunting me and i dont know what to do. i can't explain the hurt and pain i'm going through right now.
    Alyson

I'm really at a loss for words, Aly! That was very rude of them to make that comment, esp. when you sacrificed so much to save him.

{{hugs}}

Aly, I'm so sorry. I do understand how you feel to a point. If you remember Mike and I had a similar situation with Tobey and we never got him back. My thoughts are with you and if you need to talk please call.

{{{{{HUG}}}}}
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

And another couple from me! I am so sorry you are hurting so badly.

{{{{{HUG}}}}}

{{{{{HUG}}}}}

Aly, you don't have to explain the hurt. We all feel very sad for you, but don't think you should quit your job - not now. Maybe just take a day or two off for "mental health" reasons. The animals need you, they need someone who will love them no matter what! That's you! That's your strength, and it's also why it hurts sometimes. But the joy - remember the joy first. All the pets you helped place into good, loving home, the kittens you raise, the pups you rehab - look, for just one minute, at Lolly when she's being wild-snarling-playing-monster-Lolly*. There, doesn't that help a little?

(*At Pet Talk Texas, Reese was a sweetie, but Lolly more shy for most of the weekend, but toward the end, I was with Aly and the dogs, and finally got to see Lolly play! She was hysterical! And Aly said - "There - that's the REAL Lolly!")

Thanks so much everyone for your support. I am doing better today due to several things:

1) I called and talked to CJ who had a 45 minute meeting with the people on Wednesday. She told me again that she was SURE they'd take care of him. She thinks they were in shock when they met me and basically felt like idiots for allowing someone so stupid to take care of their dog. But she said we will keep checking in on Nookie.

2) One of the phone bank volunteers from the telethon last weekend came in today with a card and a huge bag of candy for me. It made me feel so much better (even though I can't eat the candy cause I'm diabetic, heh). It was the effort she put into letting me know that I did a good thing that really made me happy. I don't even know the woman! Of course, I burst out crying right in front of her Anyway, she's real cool and she's a groomer so I'm gonna send Reece to her. She even said she'd volunteer to come in once a week or month and groom our animals for free.

3) I got another old doggy to foster. He's a white mini Poodle. He was brought in today without an appointment and the person who works in Receiving said we couldn't take him in. The owner was in a dire situation (long story) so I said I'd foster the Poodle and find a rescue group for him. His name is Tyler and he's SO sweet with people, dogs, and cats. I looooove him. He's 11 yrs old. I already got him the signature leash and collar I buy all of my male fosters (the blue ones at PetSmart with the fake diamond studs). When I took him from that man this morning, we put him behind the desk with us. He was real scared and shy but he must have known I was the one who was taking him home because he stuck to my side like glue and was giving me kisses by the end of the day.

I think fate took over with Nookie and I feel like I did the right thing.

Thanks everyone for your support. I was at an emotional low yesterday. Sorry for my whining.
    Alyson

Aly,

I have been following the story with you and Nookie since the beginning. I am so sorry that you had to go through everything. I am glad that you feel better about your decision and I am sure CJ also would have stopped you if she felt you were not making the right decision.

Karen is completely right--you make SUCH a diffference in these animals lives and have helped so many. Please don't ever think differently!

And you never whined about it! Give your babies at home a hug and try to relax to take your mind away from the awfulness of this week.

We are behind you 100%.

They say everything happens for a reason, sometimes we just have to find that reason, even though it's not always easy.
    I'm glad you have another dog to foster and take your mind off of the things that have been going on lately.
    Take care of yourself and your new fosterbaby!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thanks guys. It means so much to me that you understand my decision

Tyler is a goofball. He looooves Reece and keeps following him around but if Reece turns around, he takes off and runs back to me. He's also a little scared of the cats. Moby went up to him purring and he was scared stiff. All he could do was turn his head to the side as far as he could so he wouldn't have to look at the C-A-T! There was a mean cat in his old home who bullied him so thats why he's scared of them. Lolly is glad to have a dog in the house who she can be the boss of. Little Nookers had her scared. When I got home yesterday without Nookie for the first time, she kept peering behind me making sure he wasn't going to pop out at her. Reece is also glad to have another Poodle in the house. He's strutting around trying to show Tyler the ropes.
    Alyson