Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ohhhhGARY......New pics of the kittens,eyes starting to open.1/23/07

ohhhhGARY......New pics of the kittens,eyes starting to open.1/23/07

Thought I would post a few pics of the kittens, btw Gary smoke is the first one to begin opening her eyes!
    The handsome boy is the rescuer of their mom, our son Adrian. Needless to say mama dobies are never far from the kittens or the boy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0054.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	33418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0049.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	33419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0048.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	33420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0050.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	33421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0049.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	33422  

Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

cuteness alert
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

oh my goodness..*squeals* how ADORABLE!

AWWWWW! So teensy! How old are they now?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    AWWWWW! So teensy! How old are they now?
    12 days old, 13 if you count this post as a Wed. post lol !

hehe I really shoudl have put cuteness alert up there. I guess I am spoiled about it cause I get to see them everyday *grins*

*Sigh* So precious.

Hi Adrian, remember me? We talked on the phone! You're quite a mature, special young man!!

I've been Boooo'd!

AWWW!!! 4 Star cuteness warning required... lol..

Quote Originally Posted by sprokett
    if the kittens are only 12 days old they shouldnt be handled or near dogs!!!!!

The kittens are absolutely fine being handled. I always handle the newborn rescues I've had immediately after they are born. It makes them much more tame, and also if something happens to mom or they need medical attention, they are easier to work with! The doggies are fine too, as long as they are supervised, and I'm sure Dr. Goodnow and son are doing that!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    The kittens are absolutely fine being handled. I always handle the newborn rescues I've had immediately after they are born. It makes them much more tame, and also if something happens to mom or they need medical attention, they are easier to work with! The doggies are fine too, as long as they are supervised, and I'm sure Dr. Goodnow and son are doing that!
    Yes we are Kim LOL and since Rustys bed is the one you see mama kitty in the first thread, and he was there with her through the birth, and she purposely waits until he lies down next to her bed to get up and go eat and litter box duties, I am thinking the old "trust the mama" credo. Lilly and Rusty adore each other, she will even crawl into his crate when he is there to snuggle up with HER dog.

O would supervise more however she was the one that moved the litter from under Adrians bed to Rustys crate so go figure.

I appreciate your concern Sproket, but we have always handled our newborn pups and kits from birth. In 25 years of animals, pups, birds, cats, ferrets, rats ,pythons, Guinea piggies, it has always been our practice to do so. For some of the reasons Kim stated , and also for others, such as keeping an eye on a litter that was high risk (several feral litters I can think of) or checking for suckling ability in a pup that looks off, possible cleft palates etc.

i think they are adorable, and that you are doing a fab job!!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

That Sure Brings Me Back To The Week Where Pouncette , Her Babies Gary And Ivon Were In The Spare Bedroom.
    They Were Such Tiny Little Babies , And Now They Are Big Healthy Cats.
    They Are Such Little Sweethearts, Especially That Little Gary Smokey.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

OMG, they are so cute! I'm sure you and your son are doing a great job!
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

Well Gary! . Miss Lilly says she is very proud that you like your Smoke! she thinks all her babies are beautiful! But Catangel Smoke seems to take a special interest her little namesake!

I really think though Gary you should let Miqueltto come visit us! We love his pictures, and Lilly says he is rather adorable and sends him special headbumpies!

Sprokket, I have heard your opinions, and I thank you again for your concern,however I will reiterate that in 25 years we have never had a mother reject any litter for being handled.Ferrets included. Lilly and her siblings are all feral rescues at(approx) 14 days old , their mom was run over by a car. My son bottle fed them and raised them all by hand, with a doting dobie to watch over them. As Lilly and the kittens will be spayed in another few weeks the point is moot,in regards to her litter.

As a side note, as I said she has moved them to her dogs crate, and she loves the extra attention she gets when we have the kittens , as that leaves Dads hands free to give her double belly rubs and head scritches.

The kitten "quadruplets"

Dr. G., I just realized the quads will be 3 weeks old on Thursday! How are they doing? :-)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

They are doing well, thank you for asking! I will post some pics in the next day or so, I am battling the flu so I am not handling them. Adrian and Jasper are though after a squirt of sanitizer. I will ask the boys to get a few shots.

Our little tabby still seems way behind the others, but Tulip, Violet and Smoke all seem rather hearty.

Lilly is doing remarkably well as a mommy for such a young girl, but I am certain she is now jealous of her sisters surgery(she teased her awful while crated back when it happened) Bet she wishes she had the nakkie tummy and stiches too!

All the kittens and Mom go in on Valentines day, and all will come home that night barring any complications. It is our Valentines present to them, a stress free life with no more OOOOPSIES!