Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayers for Peanut.....(pic & vid added #41)

Prayers for Peanut.....(pic & vid added #41)

......one last time.

First of all I must apologize again for not being around much. I can see there are some important threads I need to respond to, but for now....

The mobile vet is scheduled to come out tomorrow. :-(

Peanut is straining more and more as she pees, and nothing is making it better anymore. She is also straining significantly to poop and I know it hurts her. Along with that, we know her one remaining functioning kidney is getting worse because even with the fluids she is becoming more and more lethargic. And finally the topper, she has gone blind. I could tell her eyes were getting worse, but just two days ago I noticed it was really bad and yesterday she started bumping into walls and walking around in circles like she was lost. We're afraid she's going to fall and hurt herself since she is so frail to begin with. I haven't weighed her lately, but she has to be down to about 4 1/2 lbs. She is a frail tiny little old lady.

Now that she can't see at all, she either sits in a lump on the rug on the floor, or wants to be on one of our laps. Even a week ago she was perky, happy and interested in what's going on around her - i.e. sitting and sniffing when the front door was open, etc. Now all she does is sit in a lump on the little rug on the floor. It's as if when she's there she knows where she's at and she doesn't want to move. The only thing she perks up for is food - silly little girl - which makes us question our decision, but we know in our hearts it's time to let her go.

So, please send prayers and good thoughts for her that her last hours are relatively pain free and she makes a peaceful crossing to the RB.
    Last edited by Tubby & Peanut's Mom; 01-23-2007 at 06:47 PM.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh no, I hate to hear this. Many prayers for Peanut and her meowmie. I'm sure Tubby is there with her, helping her through the fear she must be experiencing.

(((hugs))))

I am so sorry, our prayers go out for You as well as your precious Peanut.
    Sleep sweetly little girl.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Oh Debbie I hate to read this. You all will be in my thoughts and I pray for a painless journey for our little Peanut. Please give her a kiss and hug for me and tell we all love her!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Oh Debbie, I am so very sorry to read this. All of us have loved Peanut right along with you - so it will be a loss for us all.

My heart goes out to you both.

LES

{{{{HUGS}}}}

oh I wish that dear little one could plug along some more - she has been such a trooper!

I am so sad about this...nothing compared to what you are feeling, I know.

PEACE little Peanut...you are so so loved......
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry about your little precious girl Peanut. Safe trip to the Bridge. {{Hugs}}
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Poor Peanut It is so sad to hear about how much she has gone downhill. almost like she is a shell of her former self. I'm so glad that
    you both are around her to help Peanut feel safe.Rest easy little one.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to read this news, but am glad you can help her along to the RB in her own comfortable home. Prayers and good thoughts for dear Peanut and for you! I'm sure Tubby will be there to help Peanut across the bridge when the time comes.

**hugs**

I've been afraid for a few days that something had happened. Peanuts couldn't have had a better life nor a more loving guardian. I'm sure she will slip away very peacefully, only aware that you are still there with her. I am deeply sorry for the pain you are and will experience.

Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear that Peanut is failing. I know what you are going through ((((HUGS)))) and special prayers being sent to you immediately. Spend every last second with Peanut and keep in mind all the special times you have spent with her. I know you know that you are doing the right thing but it does not make it any easier.

A safe and peaceful trip to the Bridge Miss Peanut. You will be greatly missed.
    Last edited by catlover4ever; 01-23-2007 at 12:46 PM.

13. Oh Debbie...I am so sorry for you. But do you know what struck me when I read this? Cats normally hide when they are sick. Peanut loves you so much and finds such comfort in the presence of you and Terry that she prefers to be in your presence or on you lap.

Godspeed Peanut!

Debbie, I don't log on much anymore either but when I read the title, my heart just stopped. Now that I've read her plight, my eyes are filled with tears and there's major LES going on here. Thank goodness I have an office door to close.

I know just how you feel because I watched Speckles fade away even as I gave her fluids. It's so hard to know what to say to you. Just know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy the "little snot" (as you once put it) for as many days as she has left and please tell her that Auntie Slick loves her very much.

{{{hugs}}}
    xoxo
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am so sorry to hear that precious Peanut is going downhill. Please give her a special snuggle from me tonight.