Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just entered this tanning contest thinger! Oh Boy!

Quote Originally Posted by BOBS DAD
    so where is your pic???

I am curious now and I am sure we would all be interested in seeing. You should have sent it to me first for some professional retouching. I could have touched you up a bit (just like the cover models have done) and evened out any blotchiness that you mentioned in your face (or even overall tones). Just keep all the advice everyone offered in mind and remember, "everything in moderation".
    My picture is kinda scary, im sure NO ONE would want to see that haha

The doctors told my mom to go to tanning beds and lay out in the sun, she has alot of problems and is sick alot and I guess the tanning and sun would help her with one of her sicknesses, im not sure which because she is sick alot but my point is tanning is good for some people in certain cases.

I don't get what some people are typing. NO one was telling her she couldn't tan or anything. No one was telling her how to live her life, some people were just warning her about the risks and dangers of tanning...and are just saying to be aware and careful.

How would this make coco-bean want to leave? IMHO, it's great that we are warning her about the risks of tanning. It shows we are a community that cares for one another, not a community that wants to leave. I'm sorry, I just don't understand how Coco-bean would want to leave because we are caring for her.

About the skin cancer issue, I'm glad you know the risks and dangers. That is great. But just be aware. My mom had cancer(not skin cancer) last year, and I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Good luck and be safe!

Terri, I had no clue your mother had to go through that. I'm so sorry to hear this. ((hugs))

Hope you win! and yes we want to see the entry pics!!!

Not touching the tanning issue as I am a redhead and dont tan naturally anyway and the sprays all make me orange! the cat thinks I look like him but he is 90% blind anyway........ so I will sit here with a martini dble olives and wait for the entry pics *HINT HINT*
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Okay you cant say i didnt warn you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    Hope you win! and yes we want to see the entry pics!!!

Not touching the tanning issue as I am a redhead and dont tan naturally anyway and the sprays all make me orange! the cat thinks I look like him but he is 90% blind anyway........ so I will sit here with a martini dble olives and wait for the entry pics *HINT HINT*
    WARNING:as i previously stated...the swimming suit is too small so my upper half is a kinda fallin out everywhere and i ate alot of dounuts and cookies like 15 minutes previously...so im kinda bloated. WARNING!!!
    this is the swimming suit picture entry.

and this is the stupid head shot...haha!!

You look absolutely gorgeous!!! How could you not win? You are one beautiful lady and I honestly don't know how you could lose

Thanks Alyssa

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah
    You look absolutely gorgeous!!! How could you not win? You are one beautiful lady and I honestly don't know how you could lose

Thanks Alyssa
    well thank you very much! If i win i should ask if i could get my pups in the poster with me! haha! that would be so cool!
    thanks again!

Oh you look great. I wouldn't go any darker against the white however. You really are very pretty and I am sure you will win. Best of luck. Oh to be 17 again.

umm......WOW!!! I wish i looked half as good as you!!!! WOW!!!umm...my hubby aw the ic, and he liked it!! he he he he he he he!!! I would definitely vote for ya!! good luck!!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Here let me tell you guys a little secret...but i dont want to jinx myself so SHHHH.....
    i really just wanna win some money so i can get a bigger place and rescue a bunch of doggies from the pound! But SHHHH....thats just between us!

now coco-bean.... how could you even think "you didn't look good" in your bikini - falling out or not???

good luck and update us on the outcome... hubba hubba

YOU LOOK GREAT HUNNY!!!!!!!! I really hope you get the shot and that you sign one of the posters for us (winks)

Good Luck hun!
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

OK COCO,

Last Post on the Subject. Here ya go - INSTANT TAN!!! Just like the Pros - and you don't even have to spend second in the booth or out in the sun. So nobody has to worry about your skin, you can say, "it's all done electronically"!

P.S. My son is your exact age... blonde hair and blues eyes - can't tan (takes after his Mom) and he says your cute and you've got his vote!!! LOL!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Good luck. You do look great!

Catnapper....meeeeee too! I freaked when I went to CA and even though I had sun block on I still tanned. I ranted for like 3 days over that....lol.

I had a boss of mine she kept telling me I need to tan because I'd look healthier. I was like "Yeah, I'm toasting my skin, and I'm sure I'll look real healthy when I have splotches all over me, or skin cancer." She left me alone after that....lol. I guess to each his own. I just learned when I was young the damaging effects, and I often got praised for my skin. People always said I looked like a little porcilin doll. So I took it I looked classic, and it stuck with me ever since. Being more careful about it does help, but it's still causing damage.
    TFT ftwtyvm!

I've Been DEfrosted.

I think you look great.... just like me when I was 17.

Seriously, a nice tan does make you look better, but there’s no doubt it’s bad for your skin if you overdo it. A friend of mine did the tanning thing too, back in the eigthies, she looked gorgeous, but when I saw her a few years later, her skin was kind of leathery and brownish/grey - not very flattering.

Funny, back in the 20ties - yeah, OK I wasn’t around then, but I know it was high fashion to be a pale as possible. The reason was that pale women “sent the message” to others that they didn’t have to work in the fields for a living.

Good luck on the competion!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.