Thread: Anybody been to Philly?

Anybody been to Philly?

We are looking into taking a short trip to Philly during the summer. We know we want to take the girls to the Sesame Street amusement park. Any other must-sees or don't bothers you can recommend. We will have a 3 yr old and almost 1 yr old when we are planning on going so things will need to be very kid friendly!
    Chris

Not sure where you are staying but when you said young children the first thing I thought of was the Please Touch Museum . It is right in Center City, not far from the museums and I keep saying I am going to take my great nephews there (but haven't done it yet). From everything I have heard it is a great place to take the kids. Your three year old may even enjoy The Franklin Institute Also if you are staying in Center City get a Philly Phlash fun pass for the family. It is well worth it, you can make your own tour. I personally love all of the historical stuff in Philly (my favorite is Franklin Court ) and of course there is the the Liberty Bell Liberty Bell, Independence Hall , Graff House (where the Declaration of Independence was written) , and the Betsy Ross House. Okay someone stop me now. LOL. I am not sure how many of the historical sites would interest your girls, but it may be fun checking some of them out. You may also want to see if one of the theaters has an afternoon play for kids (The Kimmel Center operates several theaters and may have something). It's funny, I am only a short 20 train ride away and I don't get into Center City more than once a year. And every time I go I wonder why I don't take more advantage of what they have to offer. Any way I hope you find some fun things to do.

I am right over the bridge in NJ, just 10 miles south of Philly. Ginger's Mom has suggested lots of places to visit but I would like to put in a plug for the Jersey shore. You can be at any number of Jersey beaches within one hour and there is lots to do there for kids (and adults as well).

Sesame Place is actually located in Langhorne, PA which I believe is considered Bucks County, but is easy to get to following Route 95 North from Philadelphia.

http://www.sesameplace.com/sesame/pa...formation.aspx

If you visit over the 4th of July there is a tremendous fireworks display in Philadelphia. There is also the Camden Aquarium (again in NJ) but just over the bridge from PA.

Born and bred in Philly. My parents live about 10 minutes from Sesame place Maybe we can meet up with Cam when you go!

The aquarium, that is a great idea, Pam. I have been there twice and have found it to be very "kid friendly." I was thinking about the Philadelphia Zoo, but decided that it would be too big and overwhelming, but the aquarium is a perfect size, not too tiring for young children.

Thanks for all the replies! Most of the stuff you mentioned is stuff I found that sounded fun . I'm glad people with more experience says it is worth it!

Catnapper- We aren't planning on going until Aug but we will have to try to meet up and let Cam join in on the fun!