Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Scooter

Hybrid View

RIP Scooter

RIP Dear Scooter. Sadly Scooter had to be put down this morning. Scooter was the feral we caught around a year ago that had a deformed penis, and we had surgery to try and correct this. Intermittently he would have problems with infections and would have to be medicated. This surgery also made him incontinent, which didn’t help matters. Scooter never tamed up well, but would let me near him so it wasn’t always easy to know if he was having a problem, or to medicate him if he was. Yesterday I was home sick when I noticed he kept licking himself and seemed to be leaking more than normal. This morning I managed to get him in a carrier and took him to the vet. Scooter’s condition was only getting worse, and the vet could not see a good future ahead for him. If he hadn’t been as feral as he was it might have been easier to prolong his life a little longer, but our vet recommended euthanasia. We, including our vet, did all everything possible for little Scooter. RIP little one!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Aw, RIP little Scooter! He knoew love and a warm home, what a lucky boy!

RIP Scooter

So sorry about wittle Scooter.. Now you can be with Angel Corinna & the other PT angels at RB.. RIP wittle one & you will always be in our hearts as a fighter for Love & Life..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Oooh poor little Scooter, RIP.

Rip Scooter

This is such sad news, Scooter will be missed. Take comfort in knowing that this sweet little feral knew love and caring because of you and is telling all the RB kitties how very lucky he was to have found you. RIP Scooter and [[[[[HUGS]]]]] for Meowmie
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Scooter you were a very, very lucky baby...to have found such wonderful people who cared for you.

RIP Sweet Scooter Boy
    Play hard and make lots of friends over the RB

RIP Scooter. So sorry this happened he sure was a handsome guy!
    Michelle

Poor baby.....
    lighting candle for Scooter.......
    Mommy to Timothy, Cheese, Chaz and Junior...and RB Baby Doodles

what a beautiful kitty!
    May he rest in sweet peace. Godspeed sweet Scooter.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I'm so sorry to read this - he was such an adorable little guy. His last year was filled with love and a good home - can't ask for anything better than that.

I am so very sorry to read about Scooter. I remember following his progress and being amazed at what you were coping with on a daily basis. Comfort yourselves by knowing that he had a mostly fun-filled year with more comfort and care than many other cats who live longer lives.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts. We both have been feeling pretty bad and this sure helps lift the spirits!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I'm so sorry, Kevin & Lisa! I haven't been on PT in the last few days and I had no idea poor little Scooter was gone.

Scooter knew you loved him, even if he did not know how to return that love. You did everything you could for him, and you did WAY more than most people would have done for a feral cat. He was so lucky to have crossed paths with you. He also was my inspiration to use diapers on Peanut, so his surgery and resulting incontinence was not for naught.

{{{hugs}}} to both of you.

RIP little Scooter.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

RIP Scooter. At least he had a year of being loved by you. Now he can run and play and chase the mice on the Rainbow Bridge with no pain or leaking or anything bad. Rest dear Scooter, your pain is over.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa.....your doing the "what if's......" and you know that is not like you!

Thank you for bringing me up to date on this, even though it is a sad, very sad thread. You KNOW you both did everything you possibly could for Scooter, and not to mention all the other park cats who have entered your lives and home!

Scooter was one of a kind, he WAS kind to both you & Kevin, a little skiddish to the rest of us, but as least I got to "look" at him before he darted under the bed! Remember all the cute things he did, and the diapers.....he just looked SO adorable in diapers! He knew he had to have them on to be with the rest of the family, and he willingly obliged Not too many kitties (or humans) would have gone along with that!

He did love you as much as you loved him. He will always be a part of your huge cat family along with all the kitties in the park, too.

It is always tough to loose a family member.

Scooter had a wonderful life, even though it was short he knew he was loved by you and the other kitties. You gave him more chances than many might have.........you know you guys are the best in my book!!!

Keep up your good work, and help all the Scooters, Hazel's, Porch's and all the other kitties out there!!!

So sorry this is so late - computer problems!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).