Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Scooter

RIP Scooter

RIP Dear Scooter. Sadly Scooter had to be put down this morning. Scooter was the feral we caught around a year ago that had a deformed penis, and we had surgery to try and correct this. Intermittently he would have problems with infections and would have to be medicated. This surgery also made him incontinent, which didn’t help matters. Scooter never tamed up well, but would let me near him so it wasn’t always easy to know if he was having a problem, or to medicate him if he was. Yesterday I was home sick when I noticed he kept licking himself and seemed to be leaking more than normal. This morning I managed to get him in a carrier and took him to the vet. Scooter’s condition was only getting worse, and the vet could not see a good future ahead for him. If he hadn’t been as feral as he was it might have been easier to prolong his life a little longer, but our vet recommended euthanasia. We, including our vet, did all everything possible for little Scooter. RIP little one!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Aw, RIP little Scooter! He knoew love and a warm home, what a lucky boy!

RIP Scooter

So sorry about wittle Scooter.. Now you can be with Angel Corinna & the other PT angels at RB.. RIP wittle one & you will always be in our hearts as a fighter for Love & Life..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Oooh poor little Scooter, RIP.

Rip Scooter

This is such sad news, Scooter will be missed. Take comfort in knowing that this sweet little feral knew love and caring because of you and is telling all the RB kitties how very lucky he was to have found you. RIP Scooter and [[[[[HUGS]]]]] for Meowmie
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Scooter you were a very, very lucky baby...to have found such wonderful people who cared for you.

RIP Sweet Scooter Boy
    Play hard and make lots of friends over the RB

I am so sorry to hear about Scooter. He knew lots of love and kindness while he was with you.... and there is no comparison to the life he would have had as a feral. He was such a sweetie, with those big eyes and the fluffy fur!

RIP little Scooter. Play hard at the RB. You will be missed.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

LES here....Scooter was a heart-babe to me, as I never got to see my Cole as a kitten, and I am sure he looked like Scooter-bug!

How old was he?

Thank you Lisa, for giving this dear boy a home and love, and a wonderful life.

RIP, baby....love you!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry to hear that. RIP Scooter you were loved in this life

Thanks everyone! Sometimes you just feel kind of guilty wondering if you ever really helped them in the first place. I sure hope he wasn't in much pain before all this.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

RIP Scooter. So sorry this happened he sure was a handsome guy!
    Michelle

RIP Scooter

Of course you help him & all others.. You gave Scooter a name, warm heart, loving home & open arms..
    Quote Originally Posted by K & L
    Thanks everyone! Sometimes you just feel kind of guilty wondering if you ever really helped them in the first place. I sure hope he wasn't in much pain before all this.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

RIP dear little Scooter. I hope you're happy at the RB.

Thank you for taking care of this little guy; the life you gave him was infinitely better than the one he had before.

He looked like such a little darling...........
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Lisa, I have NO DOUBT that you did everything possible for little Scooter! He was blessed to have had you to love him and help him to his resting place! RIP dear Scooter!

Hugs,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Quote Originally Posted by K & L
    Don't feel guilty. It's not your fault this happened. You did the best for little Scooter and he thanks you. Scooter wouldn't want you to feel guilty. He would want you to feel happy because you freed him from pain!
    RIP scooter
    Good Luck at the Rainbow Bridge, Scooter
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!