Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Scooter

RIP Scooter. I never realized that you did not "tame-up". But I Do know that you were loved and well cared for. Your life was too short, but it was FULL. Be a healthy angel now that you are at the RB.

Oh Lisa, I'm sorry. You guys tried so hard to help Scooter. At least he knew what it was liked to be loved and cared for.

Rest in Peace sweet Scooter.

(((HUGS)))

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by KittyGurl
    Don't feel guilty. It's not your fault this happened. You did the best for little Scooter and he thanks you. Scooter wouldn't want you to feel guilty. He would want you to feel happy because you freed him from pain!
    RIP scooter
    Good Luck at the Rainbow Bridge, Scooter
    Thank you KittyGurl and lvpets2002. I guess I question whether when we initially opted for surgery if that really was the best decision. He wouldn't have undergone surgery, incontinence and infections. Maybe putting him down in the first place would've been best. I guess you really never know, but at least we did try.

It's funny, no matter how many cats you have, when one is gone you feel a void.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    RIP Scooter. I never realized that you did not "tame-up".
    We were working on him but with him being incontinent he had to be secluded to the garage and cat run once healed from surgery. I couldn't continually clean-up all the pee that he was leaving behind. Because of that, our inter-actions with him got less and he didn't tame like he should have. Another reason I question myself. Hopefully he knows we tried to make his life better.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Please do not beat yourself up!!! I think what you did for Scooter was above and beyond the call of duty!!! Scooter understood that you did all you could to help him. And he loved you for that. Perhaps he remained untamed so that you would not become too attached to him and when he left it would be easier for you, but now he knows differently. Scooter was so lucky that he had you to care for him and love him. Just think how different his life would have been if not for you....Sleep softly sweet Scooter... and (((((hugs))))) for you!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Hopefully he knows we tried to make his life better
    Now listen, Lisa, go back in time.......If yu did NOT try the surgery, do you think you would have felt better about your decision to PTS?? NO! You know darned well that you would have thought "DARN, I didn't even give him a chance. " You could not have known back then that the surgery would not turn out 100%. None of us have that ability. All we can do is what is within our hearts (and means).

I am certain that you are glad to have Scooter memories. And rest assured..... HE KNOWS.

Tonight the Pet Angel Army is having Scooter Night in Freeport in the Bahamas.
    They are grazing at the finest restaurants and ahve a Scooter Party planned at the Five Star Hotel where they are staying.
    Scooters a happy healthy Angel, and wants to thank you for loving him, and beig sad when he passed on.
    There are so many Angels would never get that love.
    And Scooter wont forget you, and wants you to know that he will see you again, and be your Friend again in Paradise.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Lisa - I was looking for earlier threads of Scooter - when he got up in the towel rack, and lost the fear in his eyes...I couldn't find them.

When you feel up to it, if you could post them...then you will SEE he had happy and cute days, and you made a HUGE difference to the little fella!

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Rest in Peace little Scooter. Your owner gave you an amazing life and helped you so much. And now I bet you are at the Rainbow Bridge in a perfect wonderful body and playing with all the other animal angels.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Even a little love in his life made all the difference in the world! You cared for him and gave him something no one else did, a warm place to sleep and the love that every single kitty deserves. Don't beat yourself up, as I know he is at the RB thanking you for the good in his life.

*hugs* and *headbumpies* from us

Fyrewolf

We humans are lucky if we find love at all in this world. But a cat, especially a feral one, is one lucky feline to find love and warmth and shelter and good vet care. You did all you could, Lisa. Scooter knows now more than ever how good he had it. Sleep well.

Blessings,
    Mary

Thanks so much everyone! You all are the best!!

RIP, sweet Scooter with the big eyes.. and bless you, Lisa, for taking him in and giving him the best life you could.

Hugs,
    Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    We humans are lucky if we find love at all in this world. But a cat, especially a feral one, is one lucky feline to find love and warmth and shelter and good vet care. You did all you could, Lisa. Scooter knows now more than ever how good he had it. Sleep well.
    You said that better than I could have.

Cats need love...they don't all need the same type of love...you gave Scooter what he needed. RIP little Scooter. I was very fond of your pictures.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Kevin & Lisa, I'm just now seeing this and I'm so sorry to hear about Scooter's passing. You gave him a very loving and caring home but sometimes a feral cat can never be tamed. I remember how scared he was when I was there in August. Please don't beat yourself up. You did much more than most people would ever do. Now he's at peace and playing happily at Rainbow Bridge. RIP sweet Scooter.