Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Idol: Season 6

American Idol: Season 6

Yes, it's that time again! A new season of American Idol has just started! (ok, not 'just' but it was the season premier so...yeah)

Now we haven't heard many 'good' people, so we can't say who we want to win or anything. I haven't remembered names yet, but I liked the girl who looked and sounded like Shakira. Can't remember many others who auditioned and made it.

Now, let's talk about the BAD ones! The first girl who went to audition just wouldn't accept that she didn't sing well! I mean she just stood there forever asking "Are you sure" and the like. Then when she finally left she cried hysterically. I mean, I'm sure it's a disappointment but she cried like somebody died. Then the last two people actually thought they sounded good and threw a hissy fit when they got rejected. Many others in between were awful. That one kid that left in the middle of the audition to get water was also really bad.

This year is going to be good.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

Ugh, the girl who was like Jewel was just pathetic! It seemed very staged. lol

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I'm watching it right now. Can't wait until tormorrow when they have Seattle!

I kind of felt sad for the first girl, she really wanted it. But she wasn't good.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I always wind up watching for a few weeks in the beginning, then at the end. I get embarrassed for the awful people who think they're good. Is it just me or were there way too many commercials?

I've been Boooo'd!

I am so mad! I missed it! I got stuck at work! Stupid work! I am so watching it next week!!!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

I started with the last half of season 5 and have been waiting this new season!! Love, love LOVE the show.

I also liked the "Shakira" girl but my favorite was one of the last people - a girl with long wavy hair who sang "SOTRainbow"

Quote Originally Posted by Reachoutrescue
    I am so mad! I missed it! I got stuck at work! Stupid work! I am so watching it next week!!!
    You don't have to wait until next week, it's on tonight too.

Justin and I always seem to watch the additions and then lose interest after that. I have to admit that I didn't like the "Shakira" girl. Her voice wasn't bad, but I found her way too irritating.

I thought the girl near the end, "the American Idol superfan" (the one with the black eye make-up and black clothes) was hilarious. She made the funniest face just before walking into the room, Justin and I had to pause the TV because we were laughing so hard. She also said "if you can't sing than you shouldn't be here". When she got in there she sure couldn't sing to save her life. Then she got upset and said they had to take her because she has a degree in vocals (or something like that).

I liked the Air Force guy. And The "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" Girl.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

My favs. were the last 2. The vocal coach one I just about died laughing over. That was just too good. Although the #1 American Idol fan I just knew was gonna be bad, cause they always are. Still hilarious though. I only watch the beginning of Idol cause I just love Simon. It's great entertainment....lol.
    TFT ftwtyvm!

I've Been DEfrosted.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM
    Ugh, the girl who was like Jewel was just pathetic! It seemed very staged. lol
    I second that!! She was BAD!
    I felt bad for Jewel... I'm sure in a way she was flattered (sort of )

It's crazy that they only sent 17 people out of 10,000 from MN to Hollywood!
    Hope they find more good ones tonight!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Just a reminder that you on the east coast are three hours ahead...so once people start getting eliminated please don't post that info right away. (I try not to look)
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    The early episodes are the freak show episodes. I actually liked the guy who was dressed all in red, white and blue - he had a good voice, however he completely blew the audition with that whacky get-up.

I heard on the radio this morning that tonight's show really is a freak show with the judges making fun of people with real physical and mental disabilities. I can't watch when they do that; it's just not right.

I turned it off a little after 9:00 last night as it was just getting boring and painful to listen to the really bad singers.

The Shakira girl was good and that short(er) black girl who was a crack baby - she has PIPES!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

What was up with the "king of the forest" from the Wizard of Oz girl? She LOOKED like the lion and sounded like him. That was one strange human being.

I didn't think the Shakira girl was good. She got in because she was hot looking.

I thought the Somewhere Over the Rainbow girl was awesome.

The juggling guy was strange too.

I'm going to miss tonights episode so can someone fill me in?

I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

^ Ohhhh yeah. The juggler. Now that was such a good reaction to rejection. There was another I almost toppled over moment. For some reason even though it is so wrong I laugh when they are able to make people cry. But I really, really wonder who in the heck says "yeah, you're great try out". It just baffles me.
    TFT ftwtyvm!

I've Been DEfrosted.

I'm so excited!!! I, personally, hate the first few episodes that show the really terrible people because it's only a ploy to get on national TV and a ploy by Fox to get ratings. Thats why VFTW.com does what they do.

But, as far as the good people, I liked the girl that sang Somewhere Over The Rainbow, too. She was very good. No others really stood out to me.

I thought Jewel was kind of rude, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

ah, the only part I ever watch is the auditions, purley to pick out the Very Best of the Very WORST! I watched about 10 minutes last night between studieng for finals.

Niņo & Eliza