Thread: Question about Persians

Question about Persians

Well I have a persian cat and his hair is really thick and it gets knotty very quick. Well did anybody ever have a persian cat and their knot got pretty big and it hurts them. If so reply kay thanks.

I think you should cut the knot out. After that you MUST brush him once, twice or maybe even three times a day to keep his hair from knotting.
    Good Luck!
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Question about Persians

First of all Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the talks & pictures..
    Second of all = its not just Persians that get knotted up.. However they are the worst.. So when it warms up with the weather a bit have this baby shaved & then start over growing the hair out.. Then as it grows keep it comb out all the time..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

A twice a day brushing should help stop the mattes from forming, and bathing several times a year at least will help also.

Once the mattes are already there, you have little choice but to trim them out. CAUTION, NEVER USE SCISSORS to trim mattes!! Cat skin is very thin and with a mass of hair to deal with it's difficult to not accidentally cut the skin instead of hair. We've stitched up many cats from scissor wounds. Always use electric clippers instead, but still be careful with those as well.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

What ever you do, DO NOT cut out that knot by yourself!! Please take the cat to the vet or a groomer. One wrong cut or the cat moves, the cat will get cut!!! Just had our Persian, Raven(COTD 12/9/04) trimmed yesterday. She looks very precious in her lion cut!!! When her fur was full Persian length, we would comb her twice a day to prevent mats. Good luck...
    Nine is Fine!!

Boscoe

Here are two pictures of my Maine Coon Boscoe, he is all fur and attitude. The photo of him by the kitchen table was taken last Thanksgiving, as you can see he was ready to eat. Boscoe sleeps with me everynight curled into my arms. He gives me a great deal of love. Whenever I sit down on the chair or sofa with a blanket he is right there cuddling in my arms.

Jake

Here is a photo of our other cat Jake. He is a stinker butt most of the time.