Thread: Moscow Cats Theatre in US in 2007

Moscow Cats Theatre in US in 2007

Clowns and amazing cats. Per Cat Fancy magazine (March 2007 issue), they ensure none of these cats gets hurt. If a cat doesn't want to do his / her trick, they quickly substitute in something else: more human clowning, or another cat trick. Spotters in clown costumes ensure the cats are fine. As the cats get older and retire, they are still kept and loved and maintained.

According to the article, they will be in Boston, New York, Chicago, and other places. (I couldn't find Boston on the we biste, boo hoo.) The skits may be nonsensical, and less than Shakesperean, but the cats are the stars.

Although he has 120 cats now, he still adopts. Most performers are spayed / neutered, a few are allowed to breed to keep the offspring for a new generation of performers. Variety of short and long haired and a rainbow of colors and patterns.

http://www.moscowcatstheatre.com/

Moscow cats

I saw this on the news a few nights ago and the cats are incredible not to mention cuter than cute. The cats I saw appeared to be well cared for and get lots of affection even on stage.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Moscow Catss Theatre in US in 2007

Now this I did read && have seen them before.. Pretty amazing.. Now I know if the show is not to be at Boston then it sure wont be in Texas bo bo hooooo....

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

The show was in Detroit last month (which would seem to indicate that it will make it to Boston and probably Texas). I didn't see it but a volunteer at the cat shelter did. She loved it! And one of the vet techs at our vet's saw it but said it made her uncomfortable. She wondered just what the guy did to get the cats to perform as they do.

I had wondered that myself when I first heard about it, but from what I have heard about it, I gather the guy does just what he says he does in the Cat Fancy article.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I KNOW THAT THE FOUND CAT AND PORCH ANGELS ARE GOING TO BE CATCHING THAT SHOW AND LIVING IT UP.
    THEY LOVE STAGE SHOWS ABOUT CATS!!!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I've seen about this theatre before and read about him on the net. He seems to really love the cats, and takes care of them very well.
    And if a cat doesn't want to do a trick in the show, they subtitute it with something else and carry on. They're never forced to do it.
    And as we all know it's IMPOSSIBLE to make a cat do something it doesnt' want. If it's scared it woudn't do anything, so I gather they're trained very well and treated with respect and dignity.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Ooooo! I wish they would come to Alaska.
    Pepper has been working on her act and I think she wants to join the circus. She is very good at balancing on the smallest of ledges. What do you think?

Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Pepper! OMG, I'd be very nervous with you around doing those stunts? Do you use a safety net??

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Nah! Nets are for sissy's. Pepper is the most fearless kitty I've ever known. She once jumped down off the 2nd story deck, to the roof of the car, then down to the ground and ran into the back yard. All of this while she had a cast on her leg from breaking her toe! The girl is crazy! She definitely leaps before she looks. She is no longer allowed on the deck and never outside without supervision.

Pepper is the kitty that the vet told us to take home and just love because her heart is so badly damaged that she's fragile and won't live long. Four years later, she's still a crazy girl who refuses to slow down. On the other hand, my heart......
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

It's cute, I wish I could see it one day!

Pepper, I think you have good chances to get a job there
    You're living your life at 200% isn't it sweet lady?! I know a little tuxedo guy like you, he is doing the same and nobody would think he has a hole in his heart