Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melissa off to her first rock concert....

Melissa off to her first rock concert....

As a mother i am feeling a tad nervous, my 14 yr old is off to her first rock concert, in another city, the big smoke Auckland around 2hrs drive from here, she is so excited, it is called THE BIG DAY OUT, and features about 30 odd bands, some local, many overseas artists, she is going to see her favourite performing My chemical romance, and the best part is they are having a sign in tent, which means she might even get an autograph and see them up close if she is lucky.

I know she will be in good hands, as my son Scott and his partner Amber and two of their friends are going with her, but still one always worries, but i am sure she will have a blast, my son texted me the other day saying make sure she has a hat, sunscreen,sealed bottled water and something warm for the evening, i can hardly believe it, but just goes to show everything you tell them does not go out one ear and out the other ,even though you think it does lol.

Anyhow just wanted to share, thanks for listening.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I know how that is i'm 14 as well and my mother was worried about me going to a concert. It was a nice and small concert, it was in the big city here Phoenix was just 4 of my favorite bands. The best part is that since it's a small concert you get to hang out with the bands and talk to them and have a great time. They are the nicest people i ever imagined. They are so nice and caring. Just what worries my mom is what other people are there, which i know what worries you too. At least she is with people that will watch her. That's a good thing. I was just with my two friends so it was a bit different.
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

aw carole it's gotta be hard for you to let your baby to leave for her first big adventure. ..((hugs)).
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Oh i am happy and excited for her for sure, i know how much i loved big concerts, but i was much much older when i went to them, still she is in good hands, thats the main thing, it is a huge concert by NZ standards there will be thousands of people there,it is really cool though, they have carnival rides and wet slides and stuff to for them to enjoy, so should be a fun day all around and the weather forecast is looking good, sunny and 23 c not too hot but just right, so fingers crossed, i sure hope she gets to meet gerard way, that would be her dream come true.

Yes Almita it is the other people i worry about, the crazy ones, alcohol is allowed to be consumed there too, you just cannot bring it in, it is R 15 but she is allowed to go with a parent or supervising adult.,sure as heck would not let her go alone or with friends even if she was 15 as this is a big concert, prob like thirty thousand people will attend, it is all sold out now too.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Aww that's good, i bet that will be a fun day. From how you explained it. She will be one lucky girl to meet Gerard Way. I hope she has a blast!
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

I'm green with envy. I'd kill to see My Chemical Romance perform. (Gerard's a cute one isn't he?) Anyway, I've never been to a concert before, being 13, but I want to go to one sometime!!

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

Yes even i think Gerard is cute, i hope he has his black hair back again though, she is hoping they play most of their old songs, as she is not as keen on the new ones, I 'm not ok, etc, i am sure they will, bands usually do, yes well it is the only reason we agreed to her going because her fav band was playing and i can still remember that feeling when i was young, and that her big brother who is 25 was willingly to take her, turned out good as they all wanted to go anyhow,now isn't that what big brothers are all about,she is going to stay a few days up with them both too, and she had a blast last time, so it is her holiday treat really, as we rarely go away.
    Furangels only lent.

Oh, how exciting! We're seeing MCR in March when they come around here. We also (most likely) have an opportunity to meet them and hopefully it'll work out. I love Gerard too, and he's very nice.. I know people who have met him, and they all said he was wonderful. he's really a great guy with a great personality.
    Unfortunately, This is their Black Parade tour, so they'll mainly be playing songs from their newest album.. but they might play some of their old stuff too.

I hope she has a great time!

Oh, by the way... I've heard around that Frank Iero (guitarist) is currently sick. Could you ask her when she comes back if he was there, back to playing, or if the replacement was still there?

Quote Originally Posted by carole
    i hope he has his black hair back again though
    He does, he recently dyed it back.

oh goodie i think most people are in agreement he looks way cooler with black hair, i am not sure she is up on the member of the band, she just loves gerard but i will indeed ask her, i am not sure if it is considered the black parade tour here or not as it is a one off only at a special concert, but you probably know better than me, i am sure they will play some of the good old favourites anyhow they usually do, i think they are playing for around an hour.

Best part is the weather is looking great, bit rainy at the moment, but is forecast for brilliant sunshine on friday, but the burn intensity is extreme, so she will need to keep the sunscreen on, she bought this cool hat yesterday, honestly it is like a man's hat they used to wear years ago, but it is black with white skulls and cross bones on it, she looks good in hats so it looks pretty aok.

As the concert is sold out, tickets are going up for six times the price paid for them on the internet, that is like over 600 dollars amazing, but you know it is really not exactly legal to sell them for a profit, says so on the ticket, and they become null and void, however i cannot figure out how they can find out which tickets were sold and the numbers myself,yes it was tempting, but no we are not going to do that, if it's not above board i would not even consider it,besides the experience will be well worth more than actual money i think.
    Furangels only lent.

Quote Originally Posted by carole
    Yes even i think Gerard is cute, i hope he has his black hair back again though, she is hoping they play most of their old songs, as she is not as keen on the new ones, I 'm not ok, etc, i am sure they will, bands usually do, yes well it is the only reason we agreed to her going because her fav band was playing and i can still remember that feeling when i was young, and that her big brother who is 25 was willingly to take her, turned out good as they all wanted to go anyhow,now isn't that what big brothers are all about,she is going to stay a few days up with them both too, and she had a blast last time, so it is her holiday treat really, as we rarely go away.

Yeah. I know how she feels about the new stuff. I was not too impressed with it at all. At least she has an older brother to go with as to not be embarrssed by the parental units....lol. Lucky girl. My 1st one I had to be accompanied by an adult, but thank goodness she was kinda cool I guess. She'll have a blast though. Concerts always are.
    TFT ftwtyvm!

I've Been DEfrosted.

So did Melissa enjoy her first concert?

Cool! I saw MCR a few years ago. I agree with Melissa, thier new stuff isn't all that great, but thier old stuff was.

How did she like it?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Sounds great, Carole. I hope she has a wonderful time. These sort of events can be so exciting, and I am sure her brother will look after her.

Alyssa & Kay.. The concert isn't until the 19th, I believe. Or at least, that's what it says on the tour schedule. Auckland..

Flamepony you are right it is not until the 19th this friday, gosh even i feel excited myself, silly ole me, think it was my fav band,but yes even at my age one can get excited about seeing your fav band live, does anyone know how good they are live? because some bands are not the best live, just curious.
    Furangels only lent.