Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Timber back..

Getting Timber back..

Well, it's been a long time coming I think. Since my aunt and uncle moved, Timber hasn't been getting enough attention. She's been tied up outside too much. My aunt has been getting on my uncle about building a fence for her, but he won't, and now she has a new baby. She feels so sorry for Timber -- she feels like she is repeating her childhood, having an animal they never should have gotten. They never realised it until they took Timber back from me how much I did with her. She went from being a very well trained and exercised dog to not getting much attention at all. She was doing fine with them until they moved again -- they don't have a fenced yard to play with her anymore, and they are in a neighborhood with loose aggressive dogs so she can't be taken for walks anymore.

She's depressed now, and very underweight. My aunt said she doesn't care how unhappy the kids will be, the dog is too unhappy, and she needs a new home. So I'm going to foster her and find her a new home. I don't think it will be easy -- there isn't much appeal to her anymore. She is high strung, very hyper and crazy, noisy, etc. Even her looks are terrible right now. She has thin hair and she's very skinny. Needs to gain at least 15 pounds. She was 64 pounds of muscle when I had her, and she's probably 40 now, skin and bones. I will groom her, make her look nice..Hopefully find a home out in the boonies with a farm or something for her to run around on.

I'm glad they are finally going through with this. With everything going on in their lives they do not need a dog.

Old pictures of Timber for those who do not know her (last one taken by shelteez2)...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 009.bmp 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	33197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 684.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	313.1 KB 
ID:	33198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 714.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	33199   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 732.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	354.5 KB 
ID:	33200  
    I've been BOO'd!

I'm happy that they are willing to see the error of keeping her in that condition and letting you have Timber back.

Was Timber your dog and they wanted her or were you training Timber for them? I'm just trying to understand what you mean by they took Timber from you.

I hope you can fix her up and find her a nice home.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Poor Timber.

At least your aunt is doing what's best for Timber and not just being selfish and keeping her in that environment.
    You are a great person to take her in help find her a home.
    As I am sure you will, please keep us updated on Timber's health progress as well as finding her a forever home.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

She is adorable!! Hopefully she will get a new good home soon.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by ramanth
    Was Timber your dog and they wanted her or were you training Timber for them? I'm just trying to understand what you mean by they took Timber from you.
    Well, we all lived together (we have since I was a little girl) and my aunt and uncle bought Timber, mostly for the kids, but we all saw her as our dog. I was the one that took care of her -- trained her, excercised her, etc. When my aunt and uncle moved out, they left her with me. I had her for a few months I think before they took her back. They were thinking of just letting me have her, but we were moving soon too and could not find a house that would allow dogs, and we really couldn't afford her on our own. And my little cousins were upset that the dog was gone. So they took her back. Took me a long time to get over that dog, she was my life. Having her back is going to be difficult.
    I've been BOO'd!

oh wow i seen this one coming a long time ago . I dont want you to get rid of Timber . you have to keep her, shes so lovely.. i love her lol. Shes uber smart, you taught her so many tricks, she was smarter then Tikeya when it came to tricks, and listening .. (must be the golden in her ).. bo fair is this eh?? poor you, and poor timber, i cant believe your aunt is putting this on you again..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Makes sense. Poor Timber. At least you are caring enough to still be there for her.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by tikeyas_mom
    oh wow i seen this one coming a long time ago . I dont want you to get rid of Timber . you have to keep her, shes so lovely.. i love her lol. Shes uber smart, you taught her so many tricks, she was smarter then Tikeya when it came to tricks, and listening .. (must be the golden in her ).. bo fair is this eh?? poor you, and poor timber, i cant believe your aunt is putting this on you again..
    Even if I could afford another dog and wasn't moving soon, Timber really doesn't suit my lifestyle anymore....She couldn't come to the shop with me so she would have to stay home all day...she's too much dog for such a small house. I'm going to be really stressed out while she's here, I can just see everything being knocked down constantly. She's so high strung and hyper. She needs a farm lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

That's awful. Poor Timber...

I hope you'll be able to find a good home for her. I'm sure you will.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Poor Timber hopefully there is someone out there that will love and care for her for ever . Goodluck.

My Mom said Timber is lovely and that if she weren't so far, she'd snatch her up.

Good luck rehoming poor Timber!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfdx
    Poor Timber hopefully there is someone out there that will love and care for her for ever . Goodluck.

Ditto, she is such a pretty girl.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Any news on the poor girl? hopefully she is not still being tied up outside .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I still don't have her -- have not been able to get a hold of them, they are so busy with the new baby.
    I've been BOO'd!

She looks so happy in her old pictures. She's gorgeous. i hope you are able to restore her confidence and find a good loving home for her.