Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest pics of our sweeties!

Latest pics of our sweeties!

Hello everyone -

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and are having a happy new year so far. We have been very busy and lots has happened (after my car wreck back in mid-November, my mom had a small heart attack and thankfully is doing ok now, my grandpa passed away, etc.) over the last couple of months, but I recently got a bunch of the latest 35mm pics and digital pics loaded into Imagestation and I thought I would share some of them with you. It's a very nasty day here, and after the first wave of the current ice storm went through last night/this morning, we're expecting more to come through through Monday morning, so we could lose our power yet again (lost it for 7 hours early today)...best to get my pictures shared right now. The kitties are doing well, but if anyone has any hints for how to get the young boy kitties to stop messing with/aggravating the 2 girl kitties, I would appreciate you sharing them with me.

Anyway, it will take several posts to get all the pictures shared with you, but here goes the first few - in chronological order - there are quite a few:

Bailey on the cat sofa and then in the sink:

Some pics of our latest adoptee, Bryan, who will be 1 on approx. 3/6/07 (as you can see, he's quite a bit bigger than Mikey, who is less than 2 months younger than him):

...more to come...

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

Here is a pic capturing some rare peaceful time between Leila and Mikey on my husband's lap (will be 1-year-old on 4/24/07):

Bryan just LOVES hanging out in our kitchen (check him out in my lunchbox!):

Bailey & Vincent love to hang out together - here they are snoozing:

Bailey also is cool hanging out with Mikey - he really seems to get a kick out of his younger brothers, except for when they bug him as he's trying to sleep:

...more to come...

-- Albert Schweitzer --

We recently got a new bedroom set, because we caught an awesome sale on the set we had been looking at for nearly a year - as a result, we painted our bedroom in a deep cranberry color and got some very nice new bedding. It's very comfortable, as you can see by our cats. Here's Bryan enjoying our bed:

Bailey on the new bed:

Mikey sleeping comfortably:

Vincent & Mikey:

Vincent, Mikey & Bryan:

5 of 6 kitties (Leila prefers her own space - under the bed in the line of fire for the heating vent, usually) on our bed:

...more to come...

-- Albert Schweitzer --

By the way, some of these pictures are darker b/c they were taken with our DVD camcorder...sorry about that:

Now some of Claudia comfortable on the new bed:

Bryan & Mikey snuggling:

4 of 6 kitties enjoying Leila's b'day food (she got her own bowl but wouldn't cooperate when I tried to snap her picture while she ate - too much of a lady, I guess):

Here's Leila on her 4th b'day:

Bryan likes to lay on our mantle when we have a warm fire going in the fireplace below (With Bryan, sometimes I can't get rid of the red-eye, even though my camera was on the red-eye reduction setting, probably b/c of his beautiful amber eyes):

We had a big ice & snowstorm on 11/30 in our area - I went sledding on 12/3 down the slight slope in our backyard, b/c conditions were perfect, and I'm a kid at heart - after, I brought in some snow for the kitties to eat - Mikey was enjoying it here:

...more to come...

-- Albert Schweitzer --

Bryan loved to play with and lay under the 2 Christmas trees we put up - here he is in a couple of pics being good for once under our downstairs tree:

Vincent, Mikey & Bryan were all little terrors with the Christmas trees, but occasionally they were peaceful. Here's a couple of Vincent under the tree:

...more to come...

-- Albert Schweitzer --

Alright, here are the last few that I have for now...

Here are a couple more of Vincent, who is often tough to photograph b/c he's always on the move:

All of our kitties love hanging out in our 3-season-room, which is usually open to them unless it's super cold or super hot outside - here's a really nice pic of Bryan & Mikey watching the birds and enjoying a warm winter day sitting on the hot tub:

Here's Mikey lounging on the hot tub and then again in the kitty sofa:

Hope you enjoyed all the pics! Hope it's not so long before I have more for you.

-- Albert Schweitzer --

Welcome back. It's great to see your furkids again and it looks like the new ones have settled in nicely. I also have 2 females but they're so active that they do all of the terrorizing so I have the opposite problem.LOL

Wonderful pictures!! I hope it won't be too long before we see these lovely kitties again too.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

oh wow, your sweeties are gorgeous! and what wonderful pictures of them, you certainly caught the best side of all them Hope to see more again.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Beautiful, happy kitties!

I am sure the boy kitties are all neutered...that is the only reason I could think of that they would be agressive.

Or - they are young, and will just have to grow up!

Thanks for the gorgeous pics!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Wow Jayna78, it seems like forever since I've seen a post from you. Good to have you back. I'm happy to hear that you're Mom is doing better and pray that she continues good health.
    My sympathies on the loss of your grandfather.
    Sorry to hear that the ice storm has hit your area. I pray it doesn't last too long for everyone. Stay safe.

AWWWWWW what a bunch of adorable cats you have and congratualtion on the new additions. I'm sorry that I don't have any advice on how to get the boys to stop aggravating the girls. The only thing actually that I can think of is that if it gets too much out of hand, then separate them for a day or two. Also maybe squirt them with water and tell them to be nice.

You know I was scrolling down viewing each picture and coming out with ooohhhhhhsssssss and aaaawwwwwwssssss, but all the time thinking, "Where is my precious Claudia?" I'm sorry, but she has always been my favorite one out of your crew. She is still as pretty as ever.

Good to hear from you and looking forward to seeing more pictures of your adorable crew.
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 01-14-2007 at 01:59 PM.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Look at all those great photos!?! And such a fabulous group of kitties. but I must admit that Bryan is a favorite.

Awwww I am so happy to you see pics of your crew!! Seems like you are enjoying your new house in St.Louis

ALL your cats are so beautiful!

I love that kitty-sofa, would be PURRFECT for my two always cuddling Snoopy & Maya
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Hi everybody - glad you enjoyed the pictures. We have tried squirting the kids with water when they're being bad, and sometimes that seems to help, and other times, they don't seem to care. Of course, all of the kitties have really taken to drinking out of the faucets in our sinks lately (it used to just be Bailey that would drink out of the faucet, maybe the girls would occasionally, but now, the 3 newbies drink out of the faucets, as well as Bailey, and now Claudia is obsessed with it too - Leila is also joining in much more), so they seem to like water to a point. Bryan and Mikey also try to get in the shower with us sometimes! They're pretty crazy, though...

The ice storm seems to havae lost some strength, so we still have power, thankfully. I'm glad I got all these pics posted yesterday for you all to enjoy and hopefully it won't be too long till I have more...

By the way, the kitty sofa is something I found at Walmart after my mom got one for her kitties - they came in three different sizes all for the same price, and I think they were originally for dogs, but they're perfect for cats. I got it this fall, though, so I'm not sure if they still have them. They can either be a sofa or a chaise lounge, which is the way we leave ours - it folds out.
    Last edited by Jayna78; 01-14-2007 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Something to add...

-- Albert Schweitzer --

Your babies are adorable!!! And Mikey!!!! Whatta Boy!!!!
    Mommy to Timothy, Cheese, Chaz and Junior...and RB Baby Doodles