Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storm's Vet Visit-Waiting For Test Results

Storm's Vet Visit-Waiting For Test Results

Storm went to the vet this morning for his annual check up and a urinalysis. His temp was normal but when they weighed him he only weighed 11lbs. He's lost 2lbs since April of last year. The vet decided to do a senior wellness profile so this will tell us how his kidneys and thyroid are functioning. I sure hope that his test results will come back within the normal ranges. Please send some positive vibes his way. I probably won't know anything until tomorrow or Monday.

Poor baby! Poor Mom! First Starr's illness, and now this. Here's hoping that it's nothing a few vitamins and special TLC will fix.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

prayers ocmming your way!

maybe he was just trying to slim down a little?? trying to look good for te ladies????
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Thanks. I'm just hoping that he's lost weight because he's been much more active with having 3 younger cats around. Last night he was running around like a little kitten. I would've never guessed that he just turned 11 years old. I'm trying to stay positive about the whole thing but it's hard not to think the worst.

Oh no!! As if all the worrying about Starr wouldn't be enough, now you also have to worry about Storm. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him, hope his results will be okay!!

I had no idea he's already 11 years old!

Kirsten

It can be scary when they lose weight. But hopefully it will be nothing and the test results will show a healthy boy.

All fingers, toes, paws and whiskers crossed for Storm to get good results on his tests. We all hope it is those young kitters that is keeping beautiful Storm so busy and active and nothing medical at all.

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you Tracey.
    Prayers and good thoughts being sent to you and Storm from me , Vixen and Phoenix in Italy.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Storm will be okay. Don't think of the negitives- just the postives. Just keep saying to yourself "Storm will be okay. Storm will be okay."I'll keep my fingers crossed. Prayers are coming tonight
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

I still haven't been able to speak to the vet about Storm's test results but he does have a UTI and is on Baytril 2 times a day for the next 5 days. I didn't even notice that he had any signs of this because he's usually very obvious about it and lets me know that there's something wrong.

The vet was so busy today so the doctor will call me sometime tomorrow because there are some things in the test results that weren't normal. I did ask the receptionist if his thyroid and kidneys were okay and she said that they were so now I'm fearing the worst. I just hope that it's not the dreaded c word. Please keep Storm in your thoughts and prayers.

Storm will definitely be in my thoughts here. I would think if it was something more serious they would have had you come back in right away. At least I would hope. Waiting is the hardest part. I know how difficult and trying that can be. Be strong, as I am sure Storm is and will be.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

It's SO hard to not panic when it is our furbabies...but "not normal" doesn't mean Emergency. Could be easily treated and explained, if treatment is needed.

I agree with Taz - if it was really serious, they'd have Storm back in there, or referred to a colleague, right away!

HUGS and prayers for that beautiful boy! Hope his UTI is better soon. Does he need to change food? Or is it just an infection with no crystals?

Sleep tight, and hug that precious fluff baby for me!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks. As far as I know he didn't have any crystals and he's already on the Royal Canin Urinary S/O diet and gets both the wet and the dry. He was very easy to pill because I still have a lot of the pill pockets left over from Starr. He loved it and he thought that I was just giving him a treat.

Test Results Update

I was finally able to talk to the vet about Storm's test results. He wanted to call me at home tonight. They found some bacteria in his urine so this is why he's now on antibiotics. His blood platelet count was low but the vet isn't too concerned with this because sometimes the blood clumps together so this causes a lower count. His calcuim level was very high and the vet is concerned about this. He said it's sometimes due to tumors. He wants Storm to come in again in 1 month for another weight check and depending on the results we'll just go from there. He may need to have another type of blood test done that will more thoroughly test his calcium levels. I forgot what he called this test. Please continue to send Storm some positive vibes. Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear about Storm. Positive vibes on their way.

Lots of positive vibes coming Storm's way, and yours.