Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My little Puddy girl is really sick again

My little Puddy girl is really sick again

Hi everyone,
    Well, we had quite a long spell where Puddy was doing great. Day before yesterday she was running through the house, throwing her catnip mouse up in the air and being just plain ornery. Yesterday, however, a different story. She's going in to see Dr. Feeman today because Dr. Lee is in surgery all day. She's just lying there, no movement at all. Not eating, not drinking. I gave her two subQ treatments yesterday and I'm going to give her another one this morning before I go to work. But she didn't even try to get into bed w/me like she always does when she's sick. As most of you know, Puddy has had CRF for several years now and she's had some pretty rough times. But she's always come back. This time she appears to be so weak. Please send out your healing prayers for my little Pud. She's my buddy and the protector of my house and the head of the fur posse. I can't imagine my life without her. I'll keep you posted.

Thanx and blessings,
    Mary

Here comes Pet Talk prayers and healing vibes for Puddy. Hope she's just under the weather for right now and will perk back up soon.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Poor Puddy! I hope she's just feeling a little under the weather, and not really sick. Maybe all the running around yesterday wore her out and she just needs to re-energize. Positive thoughts for you and Puddy!

I didn't see you online much and I was often thinking of Puddy- I am now sorry to hear she's not well.
    Sending all my best wishes- hope the vet finds something to help her.

Tender kisses for the sweet girl.

I was on occasionally but I was having hardwood floors installed and a kitchen countertop torn out, furniture delivered, holidays, etc. Plus my son was home visiting.

No, Puddy is more than worn out, I fear. She hasn't eaten at all for nearly two days now and she was so weak, she couldn't make it to the litterbox and peed on the floor. She feels so bad when she does that that she cries and she cries before she vomits, too. She's been such a happy cat these last couple of years. (She was always a grouch but that's what I loved about her.) Hopefully, Drs. Lee and Feeman can bring her up to snuff the way they always have. But I've never seen her this bad before. She doesn't even lift her head.

My appt. is at 4:00, so I'll post this evening w/good news, I hope. Thanx again for your support and prayers.

Blessings,
    Mary

Hugs and prayers for Puddy...hopefully it is something unrelated to her needing subq fluids, and she will be well in no time!

Fingers crossed for good news!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Will say healing prayers for your dear Puddy. And ((((Hugs))) to you!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

I just got home and my eyes are tired from crying and driving in the dark and rain, so I'm going to make this kinda brief. Puddy's left kidney failed and it leaked into the ureter, which leaked urine into her abdomen which caused peritonitis. There were two large malignant masses, one on her kidney and another in the intestines. Dr. Feeman wanted to do the surgery because Dr. Lee wouldn't be in til Monday but I kept insisting that he try to contact him. He got ahold of him and, bless him, he rearranged his weekend plans with his boys who are home from college, to come in and do Puddy's surgery. I like Dr. Feeman but Dr. Lee has the instinct and now you can see why I insist on having him take care of Puddy.

She has to stay the weekend, obviously, in an incubator and with an IV and antibiotics and fluids. He said that having only one kidney isn't good but it's better than having two kidneys, one of which is bad. He felt that he got all of the cancer but he said "I don't have microscopes for eyes, so until the biopsies come back, I won't know for sure. But it looked good. It's in God's hands now. I'd say she has a 50/50 chance." I told him that I'll take that chance! He's hoping that Puddy's "meanness", as he put it, will get her through this.

My little 5 lb. of pure terror came through again but she still needs your prayers, friends. He said it's gonna be rough going for her. If he had opened her up and found that she had cancer everywhere, I would've had to do the unthinkable. But I can't help but feel that she has yet another chance. I'll talk to him or Dr. Feeman tomorrow to find out how she's doing and I'll post then.

Thanx, friends, for all of your support.

Blessings,
    Mary

HUGS AND PRAYERS FOR PUDDY!

Hopefully her catitude will pull her through!

Bless Dr Lee for coming in!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Mary, I can only imagine how heart-sick you must be over this. It's so hard to see our babies sick. Mega prayers coming your way. Give it all to God and He will bring you and little Puddy comfort through the night.
    Last edited by slick; 01-13-2007 at 06:58 AM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm so sorry to hear about precious Puddy. I sure hope that the surgery was successful and that she'll be able to come home soon and will begin feeling much better. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Prayers are being set out for Pud & your family, from me.
    I do hope this little one heals from this illness.
    God bless!
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

I am so sorry- everyone here keeps paws and fingers crossed for little Puddy to pull through.

Dr. Feeman called just a few min. ago and told me that, given that Puddy is only 13 hours out of surgery, she's up and walking around. Her levels are all elevated but that's to be expected. He said that when Dr. Lee opened her up, he was shocked at how bad the left kidney was. She shows no interest in food right now so they're going to give her an appetite stimulant if she doesn't eat soon.

I was prepared to have to put her to sleep. But I wanted to hear it from Dr. Lee. He knows her history and he's the one who has treated her and when I took her in last time I said "I can't keep putting her through this." and he said "She has long periods of doing well and I think you'd be short changing Puddy. I'll let you know when it's time." He's not a money hungry vet; he truly likes Puddy and he grins every time he sees her. Dr. Feeman said "Dr. Lee must really think a lot of Puddy and of you to rearrange his wknd plans w/his sons to come in on a Fri. evening to perform surgery, esp. after he was in surgery all day." So I trust Dr. Lee's judgment.

I fell into bed exhausted last night and slept well. I was awake but snug under the covers this morning when the phone rang. It's still raining and it was so warm and safe, except that my bunk buddy Puddy was missing. But when I heard Dr. Feeman's voice, I could tell that it was positive news. He said that she's not out of the woods yet but if she continues the way she's going, I can probably take her home on Monday.

Boy, this was a tough one! And, of course, this expensive surgery had to come just when my estimated taxes are due and right after the holidays. Great timing! But my little girl is worth it, as long as I see that she has quality of life and isn't in any great pain. What a fighter this girl is!

Thanx again, friends, for all your concern and support. I'll talk to Dr. Feeman again this aft. for an update and I'll post then.

Blessings,
    Mary

I'm so happy to hear this positive news for Puddy. Prayers that she's on the way to fully mending!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good