Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member

Hi,

I was told I should introduce myself. As you can tell from my name, I'm an agility trainer. I have three dogs. Their names, breeds, ages and titles will appear in my signature. I show in AKC and NADAC. I also teach agility. In addition to showing in agility, i also compete in Rally, although I am much less competitive in Rally! I've been training dogs for 30 years (hard to believe it's been that long!).
    MACH Aslan RE, MX, MXJ, EAC, EJC, OCC, Wv-N, TN-N, TG-N, R-SN, J-SN, R2-CL, CGC, TDI, FFX-AG (five year old sheltie)
    Jericho OA, NAJ, R1-MCL, CGC, FFX-AP (three year old sheltie)
    Laika NAJ, CGC (nine year old retired American Eskimo)

I've been defrosted.

Welcome to pet talk!

Zoey (flat-coated Retriever) and I trial in AKC and NADAC also, were just starting Rally also.

T.j (english setter) is ready to ender trials, but he loves to use his nose, so will see.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Quote Originally Posted by Flatcoatluver
    Welcome to pet talk!

Zoey (flat-coated Retriever) and I trial in AKC and NADAC also, were just starting Rally also.

T.j (english setter) is ready to ender trials, but he loves to use his nose, so will see.
    Good for you and Zoey!! What level do you show at? Rally is a great obedience sport for agiity dogs as they don't become velcro because of working the heel so hard.
    MACH Aslan RE, MX, MXJ, EAC, EJC, OCC, Wv-N, TN-N, TG-N, R-SN, J-SN, R2-CL, CGC, TDI, FFX-AG (five year old sheltie)

I've been defrosted.

We just are starting out, AKC I am in open. In Octomber was my first NADAC trial, so we still are in novice! I love both venues. I love NADAC's classes and for some reason I love to show in AKC more.
    T.j (english setter)

I prefer AKC, too. It's more difficult and presents a greater challenge. NADAC courses are wide open and flowy, but unfortunately, too easy. I do enjoy some of their games, though, like Chancse. I mainly show in AKC and do NADAC if I'm starting a new dog or if the show is local.

Congrats on your Novice AKC titles! Open is fun, but Excellent is even more fun. You'll really enjoy it when you get there!

I've been defrosted.

Quote Originally Posted by agilityk9trainer
    Congrats on your Novice AKC titles! Open is fun, but Excellent is even more fun. You'll really enjoy it when you get there!
    Thank you! I was very excited when I got my title. I only do 2 AKC shows a year because I don't have money to travel yet. So it will be a while before I get there. Do you have any pictures of your dogs, they sound gorgeus!
    T.j (english setter)

I haven't been able to yet figure out how to add pics. I supposed I will figure that out over time! My MACH shetlie, Aslan, is a small sable merle. Jericho is almost all white except for his head, which is sable merle. And, of course, Laika, my American Eskmo, is all white. They're good kids.

I've been defrosted.

Phread writes a great thread on how to post pictures here
    T.j (english setter)

I haven't been able to yet figure out how to add pics. I supposed I will figure that out over time! My MACH shetlie, Aslan, is a small sable merle. Jericho is almost all white except for his head, which is sable merle. And, of course, Laika, my American Eskmo, is all white. They're good kids.
    As started the first post I saw you, WELCOME WELCOME!!! ( obviously borzoimom here... lol.). We have several here- some you have already figured out.
    As far as pictures- to add to your signature- go to user, then to edit signature- you already have things typed, if happy with that, then min. the window- open tinypics or photo bucket, load the pictures- you want to copy the /img/ line. Its usually the middle of the 3. Copy, then paste to your signature where you want it. Preview- then usually you have to " decrease image" It took me like twice with hottie and his woozle.
    Now the upper icon is called a avatar. This can browse from your computer. ( like the photo pics page from the other site). Its a small image so sometimes you have to make a copy of the avatar and save it a smaller image to use it.
    As far as using pictures in replies, you use the reply as normal, but if you scroll down, you will notice " manage attachments". You click on that and a window will pop up with up to 5 photos. Same method as browse, open, next picture. Show photos sometimes ( mostly) are too large. Anyway- select which ones you want, click on upload. when its done, close window, then on the reply, click on submit message. ( clear as mud? lol)

Thanks, guys. Sometime when I have more time, I'll figure out how to post pics!

I've been defrosted.

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Welcome to the board. It's always good to meet a fellow agility addict. I to compete in Agility mainly with AAC (agility association of Canada) with the odd CKC, NADAC, and USDAA trial through in for good measure.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Welcome to Pet Talk. Hope you stick around and enjoy it here!

I have four dogs.

Muneca - shih tzu - 7 years
    Chiquita - shih tzu - 8 years
    Chiquis - chihuahua - 7 years
    Brie - Pittie - 3 years
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

Quote Originally Posted by Crikit
    Welcome to the board. It's always good to meet a fellow agility addict. I to compete in Agility mainly with AAC (agility association of Canada) with the odd CKC, NADAC, and USDAA trial through in for good measure.

What level do you compete in? And, how does the AAC compare with NADAC or UDSAA? I have, of course, heard o the AAC, but don't know how the courses there compare. For instance, NADAC courses are quite simple compared with AKC courses. NADAC are much more open and flowy, but don't give the great challenges the AKC courses, which are more tight, do. And, in AAC, is the titling system set up so that it's you competing against the course or you competing against other dogs? In other words, do you have to win your class to get titles, as in Europe? I haven't been able to "talk" with someone who competes in AAC, and thought I'd find a bit out.

Thanks!

I've been defrosted.

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    What level do you compete in? And, how does the AAC compare with NADAC or UDSAA? I have, of course, heard o the AAC, but don't know how the courses there compare. For instance, NADAC courses are quite simple compared with AKC courses. NADAC are much more open and flowy, but don't give the great challenges the AKC courses, which are more tight, do. And, in AAC, is the titling system set up so that it's you competing against the course or you competing against other dogs? In other words, do you have to win your class to get titles, as in Europe? I haven't been able to "talk" with someone who competes in AAC, and thought I'd find a bit out.

Thanks!
    I'm currently working on my Masters titles with my lab cross and starters/advanced titles with my other dogs in AAC. As far as comparing it to the other organizations I would have to say that it is most like USDAA, only a tad easier. It has a variety of games (snooker, pairs, gamblers, and jumpers as well as steeplechase) and has some nice challenging courses that forces you to work with your dog as a team while still having some nice flow to it. I've found that AAC starters courses are about on par with NADAC Open or Elite courses depending on the judges of course.

The AAC titling system is set up so that it's you against the course and not against the other dogs. As long as you reach the requirements on the course to qualify like being clean and under course time for standard and jumpers you get the q, even if you don't place in the top four you can still q. So sometimes a course or one of the games can have tons of q's for each jump height or just a couple it all depends on the courses and the judges as well as how the handlers handle the course.

Titles in AAc also depend on the lever you are competing at. All 3 levels require you to get 3 standard q's but the number of q's needed in the games changes with each level. For example to get my ATCH which is the highest title you can get other then the lifetime awards I need to get 3 q's in each event at the masters level.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.

Another agility fan!

Hello, My name's Michelle, I'm another agility fan. (also in Canada) I compete with my whippet X Greyhound. (In my siggy, she's the black one )

Pleased to meet you, hope you'll stick around
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL