Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Emerald Girl

My Emerald Girl

June 9, 2002 – January 6, 2007

When we purchased our house in 2002, I knew I needed a feline companion. On that first day when we brought you home, we opened up your carrier and you immediately ran up Rob’s leg. Unfortunately, you fell straight back to the floor with a *thud*. You were the first feline I had ever met that would retract your claws when they made contact with skin. Not once did we ever receive a scratch. I’m sure your gentle soul could never cause harm to anything. That was the first thing I noticed that was different about you, and the following years would show me so many more.

You made our house a home. You were the first thing I checked on in the morning and the last thing I checked on at night. Whenever I felt misgivings from the outside world, you silenced them and made sure I would focus on what really was important in life. You protected me from the disappointments in the outside world.

Without you, this house is now just a shell. Even the future house renovations seem mute, since we were renovating with your interests in mind. We were going to build special hidden alcoves in the bookcases and other feline only features. And now that I have come back home from laying you to rest, it is so deathly quiet. It really is surreal. The silence is so hard to take and the house seems so foreign to me that I no longer consider this my home.

You had such an impact on everyone who knew you. Everyone always remarked on your brilliant emerald eyes but this made me a little sad. You were so much more than an emerald beauty, you were so much more than a pretty face. You were gentle, graceful, wise, captivating, precious, loving, soulful…..you were so unique…..you were one of a kind.

Many people knew you for your eyes, but I knew you for your heart, compassion and soul. Your eyes held the mysteries of life and every time you looked at me I was instantly drawn into your world. You seemed wise beyond your years, even a secret keeper of the ages. You were very special but I did always feel that your time would not be long on this earth. I never saw you growing old with me, there was always a sense that your time on earth was limited. I think that’s why I took so many pictures - trying to hold on to every moment…… to remember you forever.

When we laid you to rest at the cottage, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do. The earth was so cold and unforgiving. It seemed like the last place I should place such a warm spirit that I dearly loved. But now you have a beautiful view facing east, the morning sun will warm you, the quiet shores will calm you and the cedar trees will offer protection. When we woke up the next morning, a layer of white snow covered the landscape and your grave. It almost seemed to be a blanket to protect you from the harshness of the world above.

They say angels tread among us, and if that's true, you were certainly one of them. Your physical stature was so small yet you held the world at attention through your beauty, grace and spirit. It is so hard to meet each new day without you. I’ll admit, I feel like I am breaking down. I know nothing lasts forever, but 4 years was way too short and it now feels like it was over in the blink of an eye. My heart is crushed and even though it may sound like a cliché - I just want to hold you one last time.

My Emerald Girl, please forgive me. I tried so hard to protect you from any pain or sadness in this life. But these last few weeks sent us all scrambling and I didn’t know what to do. You were so frail and it hurt me so deeply when I saw fear/stress in your eyes every time I needed to medicate or feed you. It wasn’t by choice, but out of necessity. I thought I was doing what was right but now I’m wondering if I knew anything at all. On our last morning together, your eyes were so forgiving but so empty. I knew it was time but I still didn’t want to believe it was your time to go. I so wish our last weeks were not so confusing and emotional. You deserved so much more and I am so very angry and hurt that fate dealt you that last hand.

My Emerald Girl, my constant companion, my secret keeper - may love, peace and tranquility follow you – always.

(continued....)
    Last edited by Russian Blue; 01-09-2007 at 09:50 AM.

Nakita of the emerald eyes
    Grace unparalleled, pewter coat
    And those eyes in which we saw our souls reflected
    And the wisdom of ages
    And mysteries of the universe
    Delicate girl, putting ballerinas to shame
    Darling of all who knew you,
    Star of your people's hearts forever
    Elegance in cat form
    Beauty beyond compare
    You will stay, twined around the gateposts,
    In your mamma's heart always
    And your spirit will grace the cottage you loved
    And sweet silver hairs are woven into the fabric of life
    Wherever your dainty paw prints fell
    Pain is now past, and you are, now,
    Lending your grace to the Rainbow Bridge
    You changed lives down here, enjoy your time up there
    And send your mamma and papa little whispers of love
    Into their dreams tonight
    - Karen Watts

I have received so many messages of condolence and support. I’m so overwhelmed by them and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It’s very hard to get through them since the tears won’t stop flowing. But, I am so glad I was able to share a piece of Nakita with you over the years - through posts and pictures. Right now, if I didn’t have this support, it would be even more unbearable. Thank you to all for reaching out to me and for loving my special little girl. Here are a couple of quotes that summarize the messages and have given me great comfort.

“Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away and Nakita truly took my breath away every time with her beauty.”

“Nakita has touched so many hearts here. She was a fairy kitty and I always felt she was not completely from this world.”

“This world seems very empty without The Emerald girl in it. My heart is breaking as if she were my cat……. She will be a shining star in the heavens and she will be waiting patiently for you to come to her.”

“Know in your heart that she is still your shadow, playing at your heels, loving you for loving her so well”

“There are some cats whose beauty and presence are truly too great for this world.”

“You can see that even though we might not have met you or your Nakita, each one of us is feeling your loss because your love for her was so apparent in each of your posts. I can't take away the pain, but I will pray that your hearts will heal quickly.”

“Dear Emerald Nakita, too much beauty to even gaze upon, now more beautiful than ever. Donning the moonlight and the starlight. You are everything that is perfect and right with the world, you brought us all closer together.”

RIP beautiful Nakita! I'm am crying buckets at your loss and that of your Meowmie. There will be no one greater than you to fill the void she is grieving for. You've touched many lives in your short years, dear girl. Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge and know that you have left a huge void in the Pet Talk community.

RB,

Please know that we are all here for you.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I can't even type, Kass. Just know we are all here for you. I will come back later.

Love,
    Johanna

A beautiful tribute to a truly beautiful cat
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Kass, a truely beautiful tribute to your beautiful Nakita. Your tribute opened up the tears and heartache that I went through with Tigger. Tigger was my heart and soul as Nakita is for you. No words could console me, I said "time would not heal my broken heart", I felt completely lost. Even though I have many other kitties in my house.....not one of them can replace the spot that Tigger had.

Please know that if you ever need to talk, vent, or just share....I'm here as are a lot of other people.

Thank you for sharing your Nakita with us.

RIP Sweet Nakita, play hard and make lots of friends.....don't forget to look for Tigger....I'm sure you met her already.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Kass, what a beautiful tribute to a beautiful Nakita. I am just brimming over with tears. I know she will live forever in your heart, and she is no longer in pain.

Rest In Peace, sweet Nakita, your mommy loved you very much.

((((Hugs))))
    Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Talking

The Found Cat Paradise Angels have greeted Nakita at the Rainbow Bridge, andnow they are having Fun in Nassau , with The Pet Angel Army.
    They had a dinner in Nakitas honor at the Beef Cellar.
    She says that that where you are going to dine together , when you all meet again.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Kass - one thought: Yes, Nakita was SO much more than beautiful eyes...but that so many marvelled at them says, I think, that they saw the mirror of her soul there. They were much more than a beautiful green - they were Nakita's eyes, and there were - and are - no others like them.

{{{{{HUGS}}}} to you and Rob.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh gosh!! I am crying so much!! Nakita You were such a stunning beauty!! Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Your tribute was beautiful.Hang in there if you ever need to talk im here for you,Loosing are pets is never easy it is like loosing a family member,Remeber she is now your guardian Angel watching over you.

Hugs to you!

"A Cat Hold Infinity in Her Eyes and Your Heart in Her Two Front Paws"

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I read your lovely tribute and had to go away for a while to collect myself. Having lost 5 of my babies to the bridge in the last 4 years has been very hard and your tribute brought back all of the sadness and emotion cause I know just how much you are missing Nakita.

She was a beautiful girl, inside and out. She's left her paw prints on your heart, where they will remain forever.

I am here if you need to talk about anything.

HUGS.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Oh Kass, I have tears streaming from my eyes and know that what I feel is so pale in comparison to your hurt. It is my sincerest wish that you are left with a peaceful feeling knowing you did more for that sweet soul than can ever be recounted. Quickly may the day come when memories bring tears of joy rather than tears of pain.

Rest sweetly Nakita, you will never be forgotten.

So, so sorry for your loss...