Thread: Small Animal Production

Small Animal Production

I have a wonderful idea. Get two hamster cages and all the nessesities. Get two teddybear hamsters of opposite sexes, get a waiting list started for people who want to purchase one from me, breed them and have BABIES! Only one problem, my Mother's Husband. He says I can't get them. *Sigh* . And what gets me is, my Mother's Husband complains of the rabbits being in the house and he and my Mother got them for me last Easter! That's the REAL kicker! I luv his family, it's just him that I dislike right now and am fustrated at. And if I get a job and buy their food and everything they need I don't see what the problem is. I need an SAE Program for FFA, even if it is a really small one. He never goes in my room, I'll just put the cages under my bed when I'm not there and they're nocturnal, so they won't make any noise during the day. The only time he goes downstairs is to do laundry or take a shower, other than that. He's never down there.

(I have edited this post, forgive me. I am terribly fustrated right now.)

~Meg~
    Last edited by Bunnicula05; 06-20-2002 at 07:09 PM.

Wow! This is not what you wanted to hear, but it sounds like your family needs some counseling. Cursing and threatening to kill each other and hamsters, is not exactly healthy. I know nothing about breeding hamsters, but your post is quite troubling!

I edited out the profanity. Please, please do not cuss on the board! You will be a grown-up some day, and you'll have the rest of your life to breed and own as many animals as you like (or your lease allows!) Just be patient, it's only a few more years until you'll be an adult.

And this experience will teach you to screen any future significant others for animal-friendliness first!

I am truly sorry...
    ~Meg~

for Bunnicula

Hi, I'm sorry to barge in (I know it's not my business). I just wanted to say I'm sorry you are so frustrated right now, and I know things will be better when you are a "grown up"--I don't know if any of us really ever grows up:-)

When you live on your own, you will be able to play by your own rules and hopefully bring a lot of joy into the lives of many animals...right now I'm a 21 year old college student, and my landlord is giving me hassle about my one pet, a sweet dwarf rabbit. I too cannot wait until I move out into my own place...a place with no leases and no landlords! :-)

Hang in there, and give love to your bunnies for me!
    ~*~*Have a Hoppy Day!*~*~