Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally checking in....again!

Finally checking in....again!

Between the holidays, the shelter (no holidays there) and hubby and I trading the flu back and forth I haven't been able to check in lately.

We are all doing well now. During this time there is a new addition to the house. Yes, another one!!!!
    I spotted a new feral mom and two babies near my house. I tried to approach them but couldn't get within 20 feet of mom and one of the babies, but the other one wanted to come to me. Due to traffic I stopped trying to catch it and waited until the next day. I went out to feed the next day and I see the mom and babies across the street. I squatted down on the porch and called them and the little buff baby came running right into my arms! I should have known then that something wasn't right. A feral that willing to come to me??? Well it turns out the little guy isn't very bright at all. He had a very snotty nose and couldn't figure out how to eat. I kept hoping that it was just because he couldn't smell it. He was also terrified of a litter box! The vet had to manually empty his bladder because he just wouldn't go. She says I love to present her with challenges because this was a first for her.
    Anyway, we started heavy duty meds and syringe fed the little guy for weeks. Finally on Christmas Eve he ate his first solid food!!!! Two days later the litter box didn't seem so scary and he's now using that too. He almost has the appearance of a Down Syndrome child.

Now don't yell at me about his name! It was done as a joke in the beginning before I really realized that this little guy does seem to have some mental issues. I started calling him Igmo or Iggymo and it has stuck.

He now eats on his own and uses the litter box. He plays well with the other kittens but he has trouble figuring most things out. He should fit in just fine here.
    Welcome Igmo!

Leroy is still playing "mom" to the babies. Freddy thinks Leroy is Da Bomb! He snuggles with Leroy every chance he gets and makes happy feet all over Leroy. Leroy seems to enjoy his "massages".

Freddy and Leroy

Leroy, Freddy, and Cheerio (no name finally got named by daddy)

Leroy and Freddy again

Here are the three sharing a nap in the sunshine.

And through it all Magoo just takes it in stride. He searches out the warm spot in the bed or finds a sunbeam and lets life go on. He does on occasion play with the little ones but mostly just Abigail. We still play our chase game where he runs around the house with me after him. We snuggle on occasion (when he allows) and he seems pretty happy.

The Gooster in his sunbeam

That about catches you guys up with me so now I need to go get caught up with everyone else.
    (((HUGS)))

Awwwww, what a sweetie!!! Will you also try to catch his mommy and the other siblings?

Thanks for all the great pics!! And... awwwwwwwww , MAGOO
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Igmo (excuse me for a moment..... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....OK, I am back) has the most gorgeous green eyes!

welcome back!! ...again.

picture of three sunshines just gave me some warm goosebumps! it's pretty chilly here where we are.

baby orangies honestly remind me of my baby miles. but, happy to see one alive.

thanks for sharing, and merry new year to everyone! (especially to imgo for liking litter now!)
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I think I've died and landed in orangie heaven!!! With Leroy as King of the orangies! *kisses* to that handsome sweetie

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Well, Igmo may be a little slow in some ways, but he was sure smart enough to run to you. What a beautiful boy. And look at all those beautiful orangies in the house!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

HOW ADORABLE! Igmo looks like Io as a baby.........course Io has braindamage too... He is entirely too cute! Love all the other pics too.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Igmo is just adorable! Good to see the crew again. Glad to see you posting and catching up with us here.

It was really great seeing Mcgoo, just don't see enough of that sweet little fellow. I would really love to see more, and hear more of him.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Lisa,

Thanks for the update. They are adorable! The Gooster looks great!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Aww! I'm in orangie heaven! Thanks for the update. Little Igmo's story had me LOL'ing - reminds me of my Mishi, who ain't too bright either, but we love him just the same. I call him my big goofy goon. Mishi had some head trauma before I adopted him. He gets along just fine and makes me laugh sometimes at his goofiness. Welcome little Ig!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98
    Well, Igmo may be a little slow in some ways, but he was sure smart enough to run to you.
    Exactly what my husband said when he heard the story and saw the picture. He knew a good thing when he saw it, and wants to make sure he is included in all the fun and love.

Awww, what a cutie Iggymo is!! Glad to hear he's settling in, he certainly came to the right home!

Also good to see the rest snugged up, and Magoo enjoying the sunshine.

Kisses to them all!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Another precious little BUFF! I just love Igmo!!! He does have beautiful green eyes!!!

Those two little orangies are absolutely precious too .... I just know that is how my special boy Redfurd must have looked when he was a little tyke!

Congrats on the newest baby and I'm sure it won't be long before you woo mom and the others too!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

How wonderful of you to have rescued Igmo! He's a cutie for sure. Good luck with him.

I love all of your kitties!

YAY!! A CCL update

Iggymo is absolutely adorable and his name is hysterical - I love it!

Momma Leroy is something else isn't he? I think he is so sweet to be good to those babies - and they seem to adore him. That Freddy is a dollbaby, too.

But, the story of Iggymo is my favorite and gave me a good chuckle and then a happy warm feeling. I bet that little orangie will bring you lots of love.