Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you know when you've been around dogs too long when..

you know when you've been around dogs too long when..

so I was cleaning up the Miagi and Tiger's cat mess and scooping their litter box.. my dad was like.. is that where you found the garbage can? so I took it back to it's normal spot and I said come on to it.

feel free to add your own.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

lmao! yes Krista, you've gone to the dogs! ...I have many times called my human resources woman, humane resources.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

When you tell your friend to "sit" and "stay"..

I'll be talking to Eden, and sometimes I'll say "Baby, Morgan, I mean.. Yeah you, EDEN!" when she is getting into something she shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by molucass
    I'll be talking to Eden, and sometimes I'll say "Baby, Morgan, I mean.. Yeah you, EDEN!" when she is getting into something she shouldn't be.

lol i've caught myself doing that a lot recently

I have caught myself several times referring to a human doctor as a "vet" ... as in asking my friend after her appointment, "So, what did the vet say?" Oops.

When my son was small, he came in the house crying and holding out his hand for me to see. I said, "Oh, what's wrong, Honey? Did you hurt your paw?" And, as testimony to the fact that he has grown up around dogs, he simply and matter-of-factly replied, "Yes, Mommy."

My poor son was practically raised on commands like, "Sit!", "Come!" and "Stay!" Once in Walmart I firmly told him to "Heel!" I got some strange looks for that one!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog
    I have caught myself several times referring to a human doctor as a "vet"
    I've done that many times too.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

How many times have I stood at the kerbside waiting for Katie to "sit" before we cross........
    Give Ł1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

( keep in mind all the kids are over 20 years old).. When one of the kids say something of good news, and you throw on right away your dog voice ( in a high pitched excited voice)" OHHH GOOD GIRL!!! WAY TO GO.." ( SQUEELS..) or with my step son" ALRIGHT- GOOD BOY- WAY TO GO!!".. My daughter is use to such a gut reaction- my step children- well they are learning to prepare me before dropping big good news.. lol..

you reach for and grab a rawhide.........then realize it's for a human after school snack or tell them off the couch it's crate time

Quote Originally Posted by Danegirl2208
    When you tell your friend to "sit" and "stay"..

Funnily enough....I do that on almost a daily basis....lol.
    TFT ftwtyvm!

I've Been DEfrosted.

A few times now I've called my best friend Colbi

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    Someone says your dogs name and you turn around saying "what's she doing here?!?!"

I did this once at school. I guess you wouldn't do it as much if your dog doesn't have a human name.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    your dog voice ( in a high pitched excited voice)" OHHH GOOD GIRL!!! WAY TO GO.." ( SQUEELS..)
    That is what I was going to say. I have to stop myself when talking to my co-workers or friends from doing the old sing song voice, "Good girl" or "Good Job." (then reach over to scratch them behind the ear ).Yep, done that.

My 3M are trained to pee when I give them the "go pee" command. A while ago, I wanted to ask my hubby if he wanted to use the bathroom before I was taking a shower by saying in a stern voice, "honey, go pee"
    He immediately bent down to go on all fours to the bathroom.

It was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen my hubby doing

By the way when I said so, Missy also peed right there and then on the living room - my fault, obviously, so we had a good laugh about it, instead of taking her outside to the right spot. The poor baby looked so confused!

Thanks ~Jessie~