View Poll Results: Would you own a Fila Brasileiro?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup

13 23.21%
  • Nope

22 39.29%
  • What's a Fila Brasileiro?

21 37.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you own a Fila Brasileiro?

Would you own a Fila Brasileiro?

I just wondered if anyone would own one of these dogs. Obviously, you would have to REALLY value the dog's devotion to your family over its sociability.

Never heard of the breed. I'll go look it up right now.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I wouldn't ever own one, simply because they certainly are not the breed for most people and definitely not for me. There are a couple Filas on another board I visit. While they sound like wonderful dogs, just from the information their owner has shared about the breed and the stories she shares of her two girls, I know I'd definitely never have one. I do like them though.

Gorgeus dogs, but their just not for me.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I never heard of that breed but I looked them up on google and they are gorgeous! but look at those lips!

I am not sure if I'd own one or not. there are probably many dogs breeds I would get before having one of these dogs.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

They're gorgeous dogs, but before looking up the breed just now, I'd never heard of them.
    They don't really seem like the dog for me. I love my mutts... and smaller to medium sized dogs fit my lifestyle much better than larger ones in most conditions.

No-I'm not a fan of really any of the mastiff type breeds. I'm much more of a "herding group" person. I've met some REALLY sweet mastiffs, but they're not the type of dog I would have, unless it was a rescue for some reason or another.

Looked them up.Nope not the breed for me.They are very cute dogs though.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

no..i admire the breed..but they are not for me, or most people for that matter. They are not social dogs.. they have a strong devotion to their family and their family alone. A man brought a fila to the dog park a while back.. while the dog was ok with other dogs he was very wary of everyone and stayed close to his owner. Cant help but love those floppy jowls though

Not really the breed for me either. Not turning them down due to any temperment horror stories though.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

probably but I wouldn't go out looking for one just because they're not the best match for me.

Niņo & Eliza

I found this on a website. I voted No.

Some breeders breed the Fila to have a temperament in which they say is more like the original Fila Brasileiro temperament. One breeder who claims to breed to the original Fila type states, "You cannot socialize a Fila to like people. You can obedience train them so that you are in control, but you cannot socialize them to like people. A Fila WILL attack a stranger. Period. If they have the proper temperament, they WILL. "Ojeriza" translates to "Hatred and loathing of strangers". You do not make them mean and vicious... they ARE... and there is no doubt about it. They are not a dog for a person who has an active social life."
    I'm A Proud Sister of TWO Pugs

You can't base a dog on looks. The most adorable dogs can be the most evil. lol Seriously, this guy on my street owns two pomeranians and are the most adorable things, but they are VICIOUS!!!! lol
    I'm A Proud Sister of TWO Pugs

Uhh they look ok but honestly,

I can't stand dogs with droopy lips and buldgey eye's.

No. I prefer much smaller dogs ... more of them fit in your house.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien