Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My poor little girl (she's ok) - 3 pics added post 38

My poor little girl (she's ok) - 3 pics added post 38

I didn't want to scare anybody with the title of this thread so I'll let you all know right away that she's doing good - relatively speaking.

I feel so bad though, because......well.....like many an old lady.....she is now wearing diapers.

We had the motorhome pretty well pee proofed - puppy pads everywhere, I slept under a shower curtain so she could sleep on top of me and I didn't have to worry about her peeing all over the bed, etc., but it was just getting to be too much for me to clean up after her so I resorted to the dreaded diapers. I just bought them today and she seems to be tolerating them well. At first she walked like she had a 10 ton weight on her butt, but now it's almost as if she doesn't even know it's there. And she squatted to pee - on the couch no less - and I didn't immediately grab her and put her in the litter box, so I think she's going to like them once she really gets used to them. I know I'm going to like them.

No pictures though. Right now we're both still getting used to them. To me she looks pitiful and so sad, and to her....well....it's hard for little old ladies to get used to the idea of having to wear a diaper, so she's a little too humiliated yet for pictures.

Other than peeing everywhere, she is doing well - continues to beg for food all the time, likes her snuggles with her daddy and likes to go outside again now that we're out of the desert and in a nice park again.

We just got in a few days ago and I had to completely de-dust the motorhome and everything in it - what a mess! - so I'm hoping to be able to be back here and spend a little more time one of these days soon, but wanted to let you know about the latest development in my geriatric ward.
    Last edited by Tubby & Peanut's Mom; 01-04-2007 at 09:24 PM.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh Peanut! I know that walk...it is what the E's would do when they were "getting used to" the harnesses. The drama wears off rather quickly.

But Debbie...WHEN will I get the picture of you sleeping under a shower curtain out of my mind?????

Gentle hugs to sweet little Peanut!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Oh Peanut! Poor little old lady. I guess we'll all be wearing Depends when we get to be her age too.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

My poor little girl (she's ok)

Awee bless her wittle heart.. Glad she is doing well.. Yes she & you will get used to the adjustments to be made.. Pictures please when ready..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Oh Peanut! I know that walk...it is what the E's would do when they were "getting used to" the harnesses. The drama wears off rather quickly.

But Debbie...WHEN will I get the picture of you sleeping under a shower curtain out of my mind?????

Gentle hugs to sweet little Peanut!
    That's just what I was thinking lol. I was just imagining how it would look for someone to sleep under a shower curtain It's so good that Peanut is getting used to the diaper,maybe soon she won't even realize its there and she'll learn to love it cause she can go to the bathroom anywhere

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

That shower curtain is a great idea. I've been trying to sleep with rubberised baby sheets over me but it's far too hot. Actually, Ginger's "senior moments" are fewer this winter than last which is a great relief. With a newspaper covered bathroom near the bed, she seems willing to get there most of the time. Diapers didn't work with Ginger because her digestive system is no longer functioning perfectly and the poop coming out of the diaper and onto everything was worse than cleaning up pee. How do you manage that part with Peanut? It simply stays in the diaper?

I keep hoping there will be someone around who is as willing to be patient with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie
    I keep hoping there will be someone around who is as willing to be patient with me.
    Yes! We will all be doing OK if we have a Debbie to look after us in later life.

Hugs to darling Peanut.

aaww
    hugs to Peanut!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Bowser Boy can sympathise with PeaNutter!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

... she is now wearing diapers.

No pictures though.
    Right now we're both still getting used to them.
    To me she looks pitiful and so sad, and to her ... well ...
    it's hard for little old ladies to get used to the idea of having to wear a diaper,
    so she's a little too humiliated yet for pictures.
    Bowser took a day or two to "accept" his BellyBand / Pee Diaper, too.
    We only use it at night or during the day if they'll be alone for a while ...
    but it sure saves the UN-Happiness of finding a "Wet Spot" on the carpet!

Hopefully PeaNutter will learn to appreciate the Freedom and the lack of
    upset in the house!

So ... just Where IS the House, now?
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Oh Peanut you're as beautiful as ever. Just tell mom to make sure you have the latest style in diapers. I'm glad to hear she's doing well otherwise.

OK, I've been gone so where have you just settled into? Are you just now getting to Quartzite?
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Aw, poor baby!!! I feel for you!!! Maybe your mom can find some with little animals on them like they have in baby diapers. You can start a fashion trend among the oldsters!

One question: what keeps the pee from coming out of the hole for the tail? I've always wondered.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor Peanut, Tucker sends her love and understanding (little old lady that she is as well).

Debbie, I'm sorry to hear about Peanut but it is for the best...you and her both. Please give her chin rubs from Tucker and I. (((HUGS))) to you ---- Meg

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary

ROTFLOL

Debbie, just be glad Peanut DOES walk. Back when Sterling first started to spray (and would NOT stop) I tried the diaper thing. He just laid on the floor like a fish out of water. Not willing to even try to move.

Peanut, I am certain you look MAH-velous!!

The Tubbies Angels are with Peanut Butter and will try and guide her to the Litter Box.
    They are explaining the diapers and that you still love her so very much.
    We are praying for Peanut at the Hotel.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Poor Peanut. At least she's getting used to the diapers and will tolerate them. I'm glad to hear that she's doing well otherwise.