Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do i train my dog to do this?

how do i train my dog to do this?

lol, yea right. all i can say is WOW!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=pitbull&hl=en

Sign up for one of my training classes. Thats what I teach every night. There's nothing amazing to me there, it just basic obedience and a good handle of commands

Talking Pitbull WOW!!!!!

That dog is so cute! What a smart dog!

My friends dog was this well trained- actually 10 times more-.. Anyway- I believe the dog looks alittle thin- but it is a good video.
    We had another attack in our area- by a 6 month old female puppy pit.. No shots- and what idiot breeder let a puppy go without shots, but still the dog attacked as an adult. My friends dog was well trained.
    Until people start to realize the clubs are not going to educatate the public, if you have one, you need to be prepared for anything- including a anti-jump harness in the yard as my friend wishes she had on her dog. BTW- she gets out of jail at the end of this month- now homeless and massively depressed with a garnishment on her wages estimating at 15-20 years.. http://www.nbc4.com/news/10655210/detail.html

That is all I am saying.
    Last edited by borzoimom; 01-03-2007 at 10:12 AM.

I agree with catnapper, it's just basic obedience. Cute dog, though.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

ouch

OMG.. That was crazy. That dog looked so scary. I personally, don't trust them. i had one, and it acted funny around my kids. Bye- bye-doggy.

In 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005, according to the American Temperament Test Society breed statistics, the "pit bull" (American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire and Staffordshire bull) out performed the golden retriever, a breed noted for its gentle temperament.

Information from WorkingPitBull.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

I agree husky there are good ones. Its just not worth the risk to me. I can insure 4 borzois for the price of one pit type. And if I did have one, I would be in violation of county law as they are banned now. The problem is it takes one incident and its more sever than just a " dog bite"... Anyway.. I am not risking my financial security etc for anything. ..

And that's your personal opinion and I respect that. Personally, I think that any dog is capable of what a pit bull is, but that's just my opinion. I don't wanna start a fight though because we all have our opinions and I don't think a fight should be started over them.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

I agree- and I respect your opinion as well as you know!

um what the hell?

i posted that video because i have never seen a dog that would stop eating its food on command, or one that was so readily obedient. why is the fact that he happens to be a pitbull type breed have anything to do with that?

but since its already been brought up.......

anyone want to explain the positive effects of breed specific legisation?
    are there any?

the reason i ask is because anouther town fell to the bsl crowd over the summer and now there are record numbers of stray dogs ( pitties) that are destined to die, said on the news that they are put down within a few hours of arriving at the shelter. i just hate the fact that people think banning makes the problem go away, when in fact it makes it worse. a little girl was killed by a pit yesterday in england, pitbulls are banned in the entire country!

Honey- if I had those answers, I would be a activist in the breed club to stop the bans. The only coalation I have seen- is that the breed club has done almost nothing to put in place a temperment test breeders could acheive, they have done nothing to educate or even assemble a guide for new owners of these breeds ( as I mentioned- a single jump harness would have prevented what happened with my friends), as well as supporting other things- making themselves a seperate club. The hearing we had here about banning the breed not one club member attended. Stupid as it is, but it does come across to the court as " needed to protect the public."..
    I agree most attacks are not usually family members- usually the dog is running at large, or untrained. However- then there are cases like my friends situation with a over 25 year documented history in training dogs, with the dog having two titles in obedience- that never showed any signs of aggressive- EVER.. We even tried to get the dog into our therapy group, but the group would not accept a pit type breed.. With no attempt on proper guide lines to ownership of these breeds, this situation is only going to continue until almost no where will it be allowed to own such a breed.. Then guess what- only the criminals that use the dog fighting rings, with drugs etc will have them..
    The problem IMO is that the breed club is still in denial here. It would be better if they came up to speed and said " okay- there is a problem with uncontrolled aggression in these breeds- but we are activily giving owners guidelines such as constant obedience classes and early for socialization, stating publicly the dog should be leashed when in public ( lets face it- leash laws exist almost everywhere anyway), in a fenced in yard, still wear a antijump harness, with special care taken for visitors to the home etc etc etc.. Instead- the clubs take the "guilty" approach of playing " poor little me breed" while new owners have no clue of the potential in these breeds. ...

Everytime I see a picture of a sighthound sleeping with a cat- it scares me - because someone is going to see that and say -" see the dogs do fine with cats", when in fact- the photo is so striking because the breeds ARE NOT TRUSTWORTHY with cats and small animals. Using my own as examples- Hottie was raised by a papillion- however- NEVER were both outside without one being on a leash... NEVER .. Every single sighthound breeder will tell you the same thing- although SOME sighthounds can learn to live in THE HOUSE with a cat, the FACTS IS the breeds are not reliable as their desire to chase is so strong they will even chase a white plastic bag. Also every single owner/breeder will tell the buyer- " this is not a breed that can be off lead in a unfenced area- they can travel too fast, too far to hear you call.."And as every one knows on this site, I would love to have another maine coon- I have made the decission to have Borzois, and a cat is out of the question. There are sacrifices we do to have certain breeds or types of breeds- as long as the pit type clubs continue to ignore their own facts, the dogs more and more fall into hands that have no clue the potential of the breeds.
    We have several responsible owners on this site that have these breeds- They take daily precautions because they love their breed. Those are the only people that should own the breeds- and the clubs should also follow the same guide lines. I do not know of one single pit type owner on this site- that 1) lets their dog run loose, 2) walks their dog off a lead, 3) leaves the dog unattended in a yard, 4) that did not take their dog to obedience classes- NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON I CAN THINK OF ON THIS SITE- And the SOLE REASON FOR THIS OBSERVATION- THEY REALLY LOVE THEIR BREED, and have taken steps to protect their dog from being euthenized, protect their financial stability ( because the sky is the limit in dollar figures when it comes to a pit type attack on someone) etc..
    If the breeds end up being banned to the point it is heading now- it will be the CLUBS FAULT the breed will die off from a responsible pet, to only the pets owned by criminals.. And the impression from " joe doe" on the street of the pit type breed- will worsen to extinction.. Sounds outrageious??? Look at the number of counties that banned the breed 10 years ago, then look at the number of bans 5 years ago- then look at it now.. It just a matter of time..
    Last edited by borzoimom; 01-04-2007 at 09:58 AM.

well said,

Even if they do eventually make the pit breed extinct another breed will just take it's place. There are plenty of breeds that are considered "aggressive". My belief is that it's all in how they are raised and cared for, like Borzoimom said.

Anyway, that video was cute. DJ did many of those things...including sitting in the beg position with a biscuit on his nose until Daddy said ok, then he would catch the biscuit in his mouth.
    However, the stopping while eating, I don't think DJ would have done very well with that. Zoee would probably do it, but I've never tried. I know I don't like being interrupted while I eat. LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

All of my shepherds would leave food on a command. They had to be trained to do this to protect them to prevent poisoning etc because of their job in police work. They also would not eat until told to do so for the same reason. ..
    The borzois- uhh hottie would and femka.. Zubin and Galina- alias the bottomless pits ( sorry the pun) - no WAY would they leave something to eat.. Zubin one day- I was soaking a pan used for frying- it was in the sink.. It had the smell to it of cooked grease- but also had Dawn in it- well he put his nose in the sink- and drank some of the water before I saw it- then spent the next 10 minutes throwing up.. I was like " see boy- that will teach you.. lol.." and yes- he was fine. I called the vet to make sure but he said as long as he was vomitiing and none of the ingredients would really hurt him. He now stays away from the kitchen sink although tall enough to drop his head into it.. loll ( puppies- jeez!)