Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help i found a lump

help i found a lump

hello all i am a owner of a 2 year old boxer his is solid white with a blue eye i love him ,just found a lump on hisside near the tummy its soft and sages alot dosent hurt him it wasnt there lastnight what could it be i am disabled so i cant really afford to take him to the vet unless it is really needed any help i could get a pic if that woulkd help let me know thanks carebear ps.there was a small bump under his rib cage lastnigth at the back near his leg it is bigger today please try to help thanks again
    Last edited by carebear2154; 01-01-2007 at 06:01 PM. Reason: forgot about the second bump

Only a vet will know for sure. It might be "nothing" - just a fatty tumor, but especially as he's a white-thin-coated dog, you should get it checked by a veterinarian.
    I've Been Frosted

I agree only a vet can tell for sure. I would contact the Humane Society. Here they have " care assistance" for low or fixed income people that need sudden vet care. Also- maybe your vet can make a payment arrangements with them or with you- but a trip is necessary. Boxers are prone to cancers. Could be nothing- but only a vet would know.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear2154
    hello all i am a owner of a 2 year old boxer his is solid white with a blue eye i love him ,just found a lump on hisside near the tummy its soft and sages alot dosent hurt him it wasnt there lastnight what could it be i am disabled so i cant really afford to take him to the vet unless it is really needed any help i could get a pic if that woulkd help let me know thanks carebear ps.there was a small bump under his rib cage lastnigth at the back near his leg it is bigger today please try to help thanks again
    You need to get the dog to a Vet and have the two growths needle aspirated. Boxers are genetically prone to histiocytomas, a large portion of them are non-invasive or cancerous. However Boxers are also prone to lymphoma and other cancers. Early treatment influences the outcome.

Definitely take him to the vet. I know exactly what you are going through, I have Boxers myself, although it's my brindle who keeps having issues not my white. But definitely get him to a vet and do the bet you can to make arrangements. If it is cancer they can hopefully catch it in time and it will be fine. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

If they're soft there is no real rush to get him into the vet. He could have just bruised himself and it will go down on it's own in a few days.

If it's still there in a week or so or it continues to enlarge in the next couple of days, then he should be seen by the vet.

Most fatty tumors are benign, but even If it does turn out to be a fatty tumor the vet will want to remove it and biopsy it just to be on the safe side.
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

Quote Originally Posted by GSDOG
    I agree that you should take him to the vet, unfortuantly Boxers are prone to cancer. and any lump on a boxer i would have checked ASAP. ..It could be a lypoma(fatty tumor), it kinda sounds like there is some adema(fluid under the skin)and the fact that it is getting bigger isnt good. I would be very concerned if the lump was hard and fixed in place. but either way a vet should look at him.
    only the lump under his ribs near the rear legs is fixed in place it was about the size of a walnut to start with 2 days ago now its like a softball size over night thats when the fluid pouch came the next day he acts fine and i am trying to gte him to a vet asap my check comes tomarrow so hopfully i can get him seen then will keep yall posted thanks

I check all lumps. If it is something, early detection is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    I check all lumps. If it is something, early detection is the key.

well we just noticed the lump behinde the rib 2 days ago then next day it grew to the size of a softball then the what looks and feels like a sack of fluid came up on his chest but yeah got a vet appointment tomarrow afternoon so hope everything goes well and let me say you have some pretty boxers

Do you have access to a low-cost vet? Or did you book with someone that will do payments?

I know we spend all on our babies, but you certainly deserve a break here.

Hope your puppy is ok!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Zubin caught the side of his rib on a outside stair case corner, and got a bump too. Borzois are not prone to cancers, but I took him anyway. They took a sample from the lump, and gave him some medication, and he was fine. It could be nothing, and taking him they could say that ( if nothing else piece of mind)... but I always check bumps, and lameness.

How did it go?

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    How did it go?

hey he is own his way there now his appointment is at 330 my soon to be wife took him i am hopeing for the best but the saggy pouch of fluid has almost whent away i am hoping its just a infection and easy to treat i will let you know how it goes thanks for your concern

Thanks, and do let us know what the vet finds!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    Definitely take him to the vet. I know exactly what you are going through, I have Boxers myself, although it's my brindle who keeps having issues not my white. But definitely get him to a vet and do the bet you can to make arrangements. If it is cancer they can hopefully catch it in time and it will be fine. Let us know how it goes.

thanks he is on his way there now the fluid pouch is almost gone now so i am hoping the knot is just a infection thats easy to treat keeping my fingers crossed here we love the little guy i wil try to send a pic if i can find one of him he is our little babymight be a older pic but you have some pretty dogs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture_008.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	672.2 KB 
ID:	32847   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture_019.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	704.7 KB 
ID:	32848   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture_023.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	563.7 KB 
ID:	32849