Thread: DixieDancer...

DixieDancer...

Please look at this and tell me what you think.. the only thing needing done is the puppy guide..

http://www.goldenfieldkennels.com

I KNOW IM NOT DIXIE, BUT I DO KNOW A THING OR TO ABOUT GOLDENS,
    AND I LOVED YOUR SITE!!! IT WAS DETAILED AND EVERYTHING, IT IS COMING UP BEAUTIFULLY.. THE ONLY THING IS I WOULD GET PICTUERS OF THE FEMALES, AS A WHOLE AND NOT JUST THE HEADS SO THEY CAN GET AN IDEA OF WHAT THEIR FUTURE DOGS WILL LOOK LIKE...
    PROUDLY OWNED BY LONNIE, GIRLIE, AMY, GUINESS, AND LOGAN-BLUE

r.i.p dorothy the mouse

Nice site! I hope you don't mind me making a few suggestions on a couple of things though. I guess maybe that is what you were looking for. If not, I apologize for over stepping my bounds.

On the about us page: Unless you want to state who the other reputable breeder is, this is useless information. It made me wonder who and what makes her reputable. I would concentrate on your information and leave that out. However, a link with your stud and bitch pedigrees would be nice. That way the buyer could see the quality of the line at a glance. Have it at least 4 generations deep.

The guarentee: This is a tough one and I don't want to see your friend Karen get stuck on it. Although as a reputable breeder, you take every precaution to breed strong healthy pups that are sound and free from problems, it is almost impossible to guarentee the health 100%. There are just to many obsticles that can enter into the playing field. I would suggest changing it from a guarentee to a warranty and state the terms of the warranty. In the US we have the OFA (orthapedic Foundation) that tests for hip and elbow problems. A dog can be tested at age 24 months for a permanent diagnosis barring injury later in life. So I have a written warranty that states half the cost of the pup will be refunded if the dog is found to have this problem up to age 26 months or the dog can be returned to me for 100% refund. Do you see where I am coming from? You can only do the best possible breeding but you can not guarentee. Especially in the Golden breed where so many things are heriditary and may lay dormant in a generation or two.

Also on that line, internal problems are too vauge. In the US the Golden Retriever Club of America has ethical breeding standards and all breeding stock are recommended to be checked for Hips, Elbows, Eyes and Heart.

The ribbons are nice. What venues did the dogs compete in. Obedience, field, agility, etc...

On the bitches and stud links: List the full registered name of the Studs and Bitches and show full body shots of all of them. If they have any titles to their name show that. Such as.... CH Casper whatever whatever.... It just makes it a little more flashy and formal. Having a page just for each dog is nice. State their accomplishments and what makes them such a great breeding potential. If a bitch is approved for Stud service, what accomadations will you offer and at what price.

Are their puppy questionairres and guidelines for potential families. How will they be screened for purchasing one of your puppies? Show the questionairre and list the contract on the page if possible.

I was taken back by the price for services but then I remembered you are in Canada. The prices around where I live are about half that price but we are US currency so I guess it is about right. It is a nice added touch.

Photo Gallery: Just add some nice pictures and forget the added link. You can add the puppy pictures to the puppies button. It doesn't matter that they are an older litter. They are from your bitch and that is what people want to see.

I hope the suggestions help but even without them it is a nice site. Let me know if you make any changes. I love to look at Golden websites!

I have yet more to add, but that is the base of it, yes..

Karen has a waiting list, and she actually turns people away if she doesn't feel a Golden is right for them, she doens't sell to just anyone... Also, she normally allow YOU to choose your puppy.. since they all have different personalities, she will choose the one that is right for you in the sex of your choice...

More pictures are coming of the bitches, when I get there next in mid-July.

Information about her breeder is coming to me.. She's just been very busy because Misty has developed a lump on her leg and her face where she previously had cancer, so she's a little more concerned with that, which is understandable..

She does stand by the guarantee... each puppy gets a hip x-ray and it goes with the puppy... She also has an agreement that you will not let the puppy use agility equipment for 18 months, etc. etc.. and the guarantee is only in effect if you follow HER guidelines, which makes sense..

Thanks for your input..

The site is looking great
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya