Thread: A wonderful sanctuary for the aged

A wonderful sanctuary for the aged

While trying to find a home for a Persian and Siamese who had been dumped at a shelter, at 12 years of age, by an owner who said she didn't want to be bothered with them any more , I came across this marvelous sanctuary:

http://www.gotcats.org/sanctuary.html

I just wanted to let you all know about it, so you can visit via the internet and see the many elderly cats that Rita has adopted and cared for over the past several years. It must be such an enormous relief to all the cats she has rescued to be taken away from the sudden shock of a cage in a noisy shelter to a safe, calm haven. Here are some images from her web page:

There are also many, many quotes that you will enjoy, and a page for rescuers that is both helpful and uplifting.

Wow its so great that so many elderly cats have been rescued and put in a peaceful home. I am definately gonna check out that site!

I just needed to edit this to tell you I checked out that site and it nearly had me crying. The poems were great and I completely am all for this site, I think when I get my pay I will even donate some money to it.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

I've seen her website before! Isn't it wonderful?
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Check this out!!!

AWESOME I have another place that I have found that you can put into your will so they can live in a good place for the remaining part of there life. This is where my animals are going if something should happen to my husband and I. www.homeforlife.org/

Beware this made me cry too But its a good cry

*I've been Boo'd*

What a Wonderful Place where Mature Cats can go and live out thier lives in peace.
    I have tried to do that in a smaller sense with The Found Cat Hotel, and even when my One Fine Day comes, they are going to the Pampered Feline to live.
    Thank You for that heartwarming site.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by heidiv
    AWESOME I have another place that I have found that you can put into your will so they can live in a good place for the remaining part of there life. This is where my animals are going if something should happen to my husband and I. www.homeforlife.org/

Beware this made me cry too But its a good cry
    Wow thanks for posting that site too. It is very sad in a way, but very very happy that there are people and shelters out there that are saving animals and knowing that people do care about animals. I just read the tribute to Cedric, what an awful but also awesome story. I'm so glad that cat was saved, I dont' know how anyone can be so cruel in this world to the most helpless of beings. I have added that site to my favorites list too

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Is there anything like this in Canada? What would I put into a Google search engine?

Thanks!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I tried various things but found "senior pet sanctuary canada" gave me the best hits. You still have to do a lot of digging.

What a great place for kitties.
    I've always wanted to start a place like this for elderly animals. They just don't get what they deserve sometimes.

The second picture, of the kitty in the sweater, is very cute. He looks very upset though, LOL.
    The scariest monsters are humans, not Pit Bulls.

The kitty in the sweater was Babette. This was her history:

Rescued from roaming the streets, starving & begging for food. So matted you could not tell that she was a cat. Had to shave & hair never grew back.
    Wears sweaters in the winter.
    Tongue always sticks out.
    Simply irresistible. Likes to be held like a baby.
    Never asks or demands anything. Seems to be content to be safe & loved. Precious. Quiet.
    Somebody once loved this cat....

I don't think she was upset, I think she was just looking very Persian.

What a beautiful story about Babette, and what wonderful places. I am so glad to see that there are people doing things like this.

Thank you so much for sharing this information, Lizzie and Heidiv. I need to look into places like this so I can find one my cats can go to and be well cared for and loved after I'm gone. I have no children and no one I can count on to take them in. I need to re-do my will, and including a place like this and the money to pay for the cats' care is to be an important part of it.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I have seen her site before. She is a member of a group list i belong to. She does a wonderful thing by taking these seniors in.
    melissa