Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bailey (Great Dane) Needs A Home

Bailey (Great Dane) Needs A Home

I thought I would post this on here first, before I contact a rescue. We need to find Bailey a home ASAP, we can't find a rental that will allow us to keep him. He turned a year old on December 9th, is not neutered, very well behaved, loves every dog/cat/person he meets. Most of you already know Bailey, so if someone here can give him a home I would be greatful.

We live in Surrey, BC and he is currently at the vet clinic. The only adoption fee I am asking for is the money to pay for the kenneling, I think it's roughly $20-30 per day. Please let me know if any of you can take him or know of a rescue that can - it has to be soon since he's been at the clinic since the 27th.

We really have no choice and are extremely heartbroken. But we need a home, and can't seem to find one that will let us keep Bailey.

PM me for contact info.
    Last edited by Crazy-Cat-Lover; 12-31-2006 at 05:19 PM.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

I know this is breaking your heart and I am so sorry you and your family have to go through all of this.
    Michelle

Can't your sister hold him for a while?
    I REALLY would hate for you to have to give him up forever I know how much your love him I hope that someone on here can help.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    Can't your sister hold him for a while?
    We are staying with my sister, but there is no room for him here.

If I lived anywhere near you I would take him in a heartbeat. I am so sorry that there is no way I can help you. I know this is breaking your heart. I hope someone close and on PT can help.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I'm so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news for you guys. I wish I was closer. {{hugs}} Good luck!! Agian, I'm SO sorry for you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by CatLuvrs
    I know this is breaking your heart and I am so sorry you and your family have to go through all of this.
    I agree totally.. I am trying to figure out who it was as a Pt'r that wanted another dane that lived there.. Modify your title like Bailey the dane... Maybe that will flush them out.. I know this is heart breaking. Having large dogs, housing can be very hard, and the joke is, the bigger dogs are calmer than the smaller ones..

It's only been a few days since the fire, are you sure you can't find a house to rent, or find someplace? I can't imagine you have had time to searc every rental available in those few days, maybe you could try to give it a little more time, or try to find a temporary foster?? I dunno I just think it's so sad and I really want for you to be able to find a place and sometimes it just takes a little longer.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    It's only been a few days since the fire, are you sure you can't find a house to rent, or find someplace? I can't imagine you have searched every rental available in those few days, maybe you could try to give it a little more time, or try to find a temporary foster?? I dunno I just think it's so sad and I really want for you to be able to find a place and sometimes it just takes a little longer.
    We have asked everyone we know if they can foster, and they can't. We have searched all the local papers, websites etc. It is costing $20-30 per day to kennel Bailey and that is money we don't have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lover
    We have asked everyone we know if they can foster, and they can't. We have searched all the local papers, websites etc. It is costing $20-30 per day to kennel Bailey and that is money we don't have right now.
    This fire was not your fault- there is a responsible insurance company behind something here. Can you find out who they are? Also- maybe your vet would help and board them. If you have been a client for a while, they might just do that. Also- maybe the breeder could take the dog for a little while to board- I know I would!

And check with great dane rescue. Here in the states, most rescues could find a foster home.

okay try this- this is the BC great dane club and the rescue link is attached- I bet they could find a foster for you.. Let me know.. http://www.westerngreatdaneclubofbc.com/events.htm

I'd foster him if I didn't already have a foster here..

Try http://brindleweb.com/rescuebb It's a forum for BC Rescues. I'm sure they'd be able to find a foster home.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I am so sorry.

Have you tried contacting Bailey's breeder? If not, I'd give that a try. Most good breeders will take a dog back if need be and under special circumstances (like yours) some will even keep the dog until the original owner is able to take it back.

I can't foster and I'm too far away anyhow. I hope you're able to find someone who can foster him for a bit instead of finding him a new home.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutango
    I am so sorry.

Have you tried contacting Bailey's breeder? If not, I'd give that a try. Most good breeders will take a dog back if need be and under special circumstances (like yours) some will even keep the dog until the original owner is able to take it back.

I can't foster and I'm too far away anyhow. I hope you're able to find someone who can foster him for a bit instead of finding him a new home.
    I was wondering about the breeder too. I took a shepherd back for two months when the owner had bi pass surgery..