Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures! :o(

(((HUGS)))
    I am so sorry that you had to rehome some of your kitties but you did what you know was best for them.Prayers,Hugs and Meows form me,Zippy and Pumpkin.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Great big hugs to you - because all those cats are now blessing new homes with the love they learned in yours. Your "foster" kitties will continue to influence the world with their love, and, like a pebble cast into a still pond, the ripples will spread ever outward, and some day may lap against your shores, unbeknownst to you.
    I've Been Frosted

Like everyone else who has posted already, I only admire you for assessing the situation and moving forward in a positive way. You were clear-headed and conscientious which means that everyone, including the cats who went to new homes and the ones you kept, will benefit. I've been doing some assessments also, and am moving forward on finding new homes for at least one cat (that I've never introduced here) and possibly three (the two young tabbies). It is terribly hard to trust someone else with your cats, judging them on small details, but I hope I can also move forward as you have done.

Kim HUGS!!!!!

It's okay, they got good homes...and you had to make things easier on yourself.

Gina rehomed most or all of her Ark, and sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Wishing you happy updates on your babies! Loving and loved kitties, and you sharing the love around a bit...this is a good thing.

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Kim you have to do what is best for you and your situation,I am truely amazed that you have managed to re-home so many and that is wonderful news,believe me i do understand , i went from two kitties to four and that is nothing in comparison but i find it very stressful at times, i sure don't regret my decision, but when finances are tight and things are not going well, it does cause me a great deal of worry, so i completely understand where you are coming from especially under the extreme stress you have been under.

You know they are in good homes and that is what is important, i can only hope things in your life improve and soon, you have had way too much to deal with for one person, HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Kim, I agree with all of the posts before me. You have to do what you have to do for yourself. Sometimes things in our lives are out of our control but sometimes we do have the ability to change things ourselves. You have taken a step to lessen the stress in your life, and I commend you for it because I know it wasn't easy. Right now your family needs you to be healthy and there for them and your "other family" here at PT does too.

P.S. Ripley wanted me to ask how his lovely AnnaBelle is these days. He said he sends her some healing licks.

Supporting you 100% !!! I know how much you love your cats, and how much you do to make them feel at home! Now the time has come that you have to take care of yourself, you deserve a break, sweetheart!!
    Don't worry Kim, all of them will love you forever, you will always be their first "human mommy" !!

10 000 Hugs!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Thank you so much for the support and words of encouragement! I truly appreciate your understanding of this difficult decision!

Karen, I love the way you stated the pebble in the pond analogy, thank you for that!

Love,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Kim, I can't imagine that anyone would judge you but people are funny sometimes. I can relate to what you've experienced. When I was in the midst of preparations to move to my new home between Christmas and New Year's two years ago, I had 25 outdoor cats that I was sheltering, feeding, altering and giving vet care. Plus I had my own 8 indoor cats, all w/special needs. I was stressed to the max trying to find homes for all the outdoor cats. But I did it, except for a few who died while undergoing surgery or that had such physical problems that they had to be put to sleep. It was a long, grueling haul and I cried buckets of tears. But we gotta do what we gotta do. Aside from the heartbreak of it all, financially it nearly broke me. But I got through it. And it appears that you have, too. Here's wishing you and all of our Pet Talk friends (human and otherwise) a wonderful and blessed new year filled w/joy, love and abundance.

Blessings,
    Mary

Thank you, Mary!

You're doing what a lot of people won't do and haven't done and that's why you've taken it upon yourself. You're doing a good thing, Kim, always remember that.

Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    You're doing what a lot of people won't do and haven't done and that's why you've taken it upon yourself. You're doing a good thing, Kim, always remember that.

Blessings,
    Mary
    Thank you! I try to tell myself that, but it's so easy to feel like I have failed some of the kitties who had been here so long. It's getting a bit easier each day, and everyone here has made me feel much better!

I know what you mean. When one of the outdoor cats died on the operating table while being spayed, I felt awful. I thought that perhaps I should've just let nature take its course, which is ridiculous, because that would've only compounded the problem. What this world does not need is more cats without homes and loving care. We can't save the world and we do have to trust that there are others out there who will give them the best care possible just as we do. But we punish ourselves when things don't turn out as we'd hoped. The Universe is watching, Kim. It's gonna be alright.

Blessings,
    Mary

Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures!

Oh Kim I know you thru thick-n-thin would & will always make the fairest & right decisions.. I am here in any way to support you.. I will Pm you.. God Bless you & your family in the upmost of the New Year..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I know this was probably VERY hard for you to do. I am sorry you have to go through all this stress. {{{HUGS}}}
    Michelle