Thread: Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures! :o(

Hybrid View

Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures! :o(

I have something to share here and it is very hard for me to do! Some of you know the turmoil that I have been dealing with for quite some time concerning my daughter and grandbaby. Basically things have been bad since my daughter became pregnant with Jenna, 3 years ago! Recently things have gotten much worse, and the stress level has been nearly intolerable in my life. I have had to make some very difficult decisions in many aspects of my life and the one I am sharing here has been one of the hardest. Please, I beg that everyone refrain from judging me at this time. If you cannot be supportive of my decision, then please just make no comment. I truly do not think I could endure any criticism right now!

Anyway, I have spent the last few weeks re-homing most of my cats. I have gone from 28 or 29 down to only 11 remaining kitties. I have known for a long time that my numbers were far too high, but adoptions were slow and my expecations were also too high! I finally came to the realization that it IS possible for other people to provide good homes and love and care, and I just had to allow that to happen. I was very careful in who I placed with whom and I can honestly say that I felt comfortable with every new adoptive home. I just hope and pray that all will be best for my precious babies that I have loved so dearly.

Some of the ones that I let go will shock you, but I had to place the easiest to place and the ones who I felt would be best suited in other homes with more attention or less competition amongst the cats that are still here. I really did take care and time in my choices!!! The only one that is still here whom I may place eventually is BoBo (Bocelli) ... but he has been under the weather, so I didn't want him leaving just yet, until I am sure he is ok.

Here are the remaining babies who, God willing, will stay here!

Grace, Dexter, Roxie, Boots, Bonnie, Redfurd, Tabitha, Harvey (daughter's kitty), Panda, Sammy and BoBo. That is 11 including my daughter's kitty and BoBo. I don't expect my daughter to be able to take Harvey for a very long time if ever, and as I stated, I'm not sure about BoBo's health at the present time.

Things have been so much better / less stressful with just these kitties here. I never would have thought that 11 cats would seem like so few! I know that this change has needed to be made for a VERY long time, but it was so hard to do. I do believe that it has been a positive one for all concerned though, and I hope you can all understand that.

Thanks for listening!
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

It seems as though you have found loving furever homes for about 18 kitties! As difficult as it was for you to let them go, I am sure that they are very happy, and that their new people are very happy with this turn of events. I support you 110%! You seem to be wonderful person, and if placing those kitties in loving furever homes relieved some stress for you, then that's what you needed to do. I am continuing to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, also.
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

I have an inkling with what you are going through Kim, as its getting harder for me sometimes to care for the 12 Found Cats.
    And I am not going through anything like the troubles that you are seeing in your life.
    If I had to give up Found Cats , it would be the Kitten Trio as they would be the easiest to place.
    We know that what you do for your Cats, you are doing out of love.
    The Found Cats and I want you to know how much we love and support you Kim.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

*HUGS* You did what you felt was best and I'm sure it'll help ease the stress which is what you need right now.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I agree Kim. You did what you had to do and I don't think anyone is going to judge you about it. I know you wouldn't let them go to just anybody. You made sure that they all found caring, loving homes. You did what was right for your cats out of love.
    My heart truely breaks for you dear friend, as I could only imagine what you are going through. Please take care of yourself.

May the New Year bring nothing but Love and Happiness to you and your family.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Kim!!! You had to make a very tough decision for the cats that you love and you did the right thing and found them good homes!!!(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))to you Kim!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

You did what you originally set out to do..........found wonderful homes for kitties who had no where else to go. Those kitties were rescued, had yo to love them and prove ot them that people Do care, and now they have wonderful forever homes, all thanks to you.

We foster moms know how hard it can be to let go and say good bye. But we cannot save all the good ones for ourselves (right?)

If 11 is a good manageable number for you, then don't feel guilty.

As mentioned in a thread I just started, I might be looking to rehome a certain recently adopted kitty (Simba) because even though I love him, my home might not be the best for him after all.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} So even though you (and we) will miss those kitties, I believe they are all in good hands.

Kim you have to do what is best for you and your situation,I am truely amazed that you have managed to re-home so many and that is wonderful news,believe me i do understand , i went from two kitties to four and that is nothing in comparison but i find it very stressful at times, i sure don't regret my decision, but when finances are tight and things are not going well, it does cause me a great deal of worry, so i completely understand where you are coming from especially under the extreme stress you have been under.

You know they are in good homes and that is what is important, i can only hope things in your life improve and soon, you have had way too much to deal with for one person, HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

You made the right decision for your fur babies & yourself. Dang, you just about had yourself a pet shelter I couldnt handle 28-30 kitties.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I know this was probably VERY hard for you to do. I am sorry you have to go through all this stress. {{{HUGS}}}
    Michelle