Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures! :o(

Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures! :o(

I have something to share here and it is very hard for me to do! Some of you know the turmoil that I have been dealing with for quite some time concerning my daughter and grandbaby. Basically things have been bad since my daughter became pregnant with Jenna, 3 years ago! Recently things have gotten much worse, and the stress level has been nearly intolerable in my life. I have had to make some very difficult decisions in many aspects of my life and the one I am sharing here has been one of the hardest. Please, I beg that everyone refrain from judging me at this time. If you cannot be supportive of my decision, then please just make no comment. I truly do not think I could endure any criticism right now!

Anyway, I have spent the last few weeks re-homing most of my cats. I have gone from 28 or 29 down to only 11 remaining kitties. I have known for a long time that my numbers were far too high, but adoptions were slow and my expecations were also too high! I finally came to the realization that it IS possible for other people to provide good homes and love and care, and I just had to allow that to happen. I was very careful in who I placed with whom and I can honestly say that I felt comfortable with every new adoptive home. I just hope and pray that all will be best for my precious babies that I have loved so dearly.

Some of the ones that I let go will shock you, but I had to place the easiest to place and the ones who I felt would be best suited in other homes with more attention or less competition amongst the cats that are still here. I really did take care and time in my choices!!! The only one that is still here whom I may place eventually is BoBo (Bocelli) ... but he has been under the weather, so I didn't want him leaving just yet, until I am sure he is ok.

Here are the remaining babies who, God willing, will stay here!

Grace, Dexter, Roxie, Boots, Bonnie, Redfurd, Tabitha, Harvey (daughter's kitty), Panda, Sammy and BoBo. That is 11 including my daughter's kitty and BoBo. I don't expect my daughter to be able to take Harvey for a very long time if ever, and as I stated, I'm not sure about BoBo's health at the present time.

Things have been so much better / less stressful with just these kitties here. I never would have thought that 11 cats would seem like so few! I know that this change has needed to be made for a VERY long time, but it was so hard to do. I do believe that it has been a positive one for all concerned though, and I hope you can all understand that.

Thanks for listening!
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

It seems as though you have found loving furever homes for about 18 kitties! As difficult as it was for you to let them go, I am sure that they are very happy, and that their new people are very happy with this turn of events. I support you 110%! You seem to be wonderful person, and if placing those kitties in loving furever homes relieved some stress for you, then that's what you needed to do. I am continuing to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, also.
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

I have an inkling with what you are going through Kim, as its getting harder for me sometimes to care for the 12 Found Cats.
    And I am not going through anything like the troubles that you are seeing in your life.
    If I had to give up Found Cats , it would be the Kitten Trio as they would be the easiest to place.
    We know that what you do for your Cats, you are doing out of love.
    The Found Cats and I want you to know how much we love and support you Kim.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

You made the right decision for your fur babies & yourself. Dang, you just about had yourself a pet shelter I couldnt handle 28-30 kitties.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

*HUGS* You did what you felt was best and I'm sure it'll help ease the stress which is what you need right now.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I agree Kim. You did what you had to do and I don't think anyone is going to judge you about it. I know you wouldn't let them go to just anybody. You made sure that they all found caring, loving homes. You did what was right for your cats out of love.
    My heart truely breaks for you dear friend, as I could only imagine what you are going through. Please take care of yourself.

May the New Year bring nothing but Love and Happiness to you and your family.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Kim!!! You had to make a very tough decision for the cats that you love and you did the right thing and found them good homes!!!(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))to you Kim!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

You did what you originally set out to do..........found wonderful homes for kitties who had no where else to go. Those kitties were rescued, had yo to love them and prove ot them that people Do care, and now they have wonderful forever homes, all thanks to you.

We foster moms know how hard it can be to let go and say good bye. But we cannot save all the good ones for ourselves (right?)

If 11 is a good manageable number for you, then don't feel guilty.

As mentioned in a thread I just started, I might be looking to rehome a certain recently adopted kitty (Simba) because even though I love him, my home might not be the best for him after all.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} So even though you (and we) will miss those kitties, I believe they are all in good hands.

Kim, you have to do what is best for all concerned.. and that includes you too. I, personally do not know how you manages with that many cats and I do have to admitt that I am overjoyed that Tabitha is one you kept.

I am behind you as I know what stress can do to a person and sometimes we have to make choices we really don't want to but we get backed into a corner and have to. I have been there and had to make unpleasant choices that seemed harsh and mean but it had to be done at the time. You have to do what you have to do, I am with you!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Kim,

We all know how much stress and turmoil you have been going through the past 3 years. Rehoming your cats is an unselfish act. You needed to do what was best for your kitties and yourself!

If 11 cats is manageable, then this is a good thing.

No one here should judge you, lest they be judged. I, myself have rehomed some of my cats. As much as I miss them terribly, I know it was for the best.

I pray that you get some peace in your life, honey. God knows you certainly deserve it.

((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I completely agree with everyone above me! You did what was best for you and the kitties. Those kitties may later have become stressed because you are stressed, animals can sense stress very good, and I bet all of them are now in wonderful loving homes, it sounds like you chose very carefully and well. I am so glad for you that you have found them good homes and now your life will be a little less stressful.

Stress can be very bad for a person's health. And honestly, I have no idea how you manages 29 cats that is alot of cats, I live with my parents and they get stressed with just two, my Bobo and my sister's Cc. I congrats you for the great decision and being able to save that many cats. You are a wonderful person, never think any differently.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Oh Kim, HUGS! Even with all the OTHER stress, and knowing that this was a good thing for each kitty, this must have added to your stress load for a time, seeking out the right folks, parting with the dear fur babies. But look how much good you have done for each and every one of them, even the ones you keep.

By any chance, did any of the new owners show any interest in joining PT?

You are helping these kitties continuously! I hope you know that.

Oh Kim. I know that was a hard thing for you to do, but I know you had also to do what is right for you and your family first. With high stress levels comes many medical problems as my own husband has found out. I also know that the darlings that you rehomed are in loving homes. Please don't feel that we wouldn't understand because all of us know you and know how much you loved and still love all the darlings that pass through your tender care. You've done what is right for both yourself and your loved ones as well. You are a wonderful person and I know that you will always be as wonderful. If you should ever need me I'm only an e-mail away.

Hugs

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

I personally don't think anyone here would "bash" you for giving up some kitties, you have to do what is right for YOU and you only. You made a decision and now you are sticking to it...............GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

I would like to take this time to wish you and your family - and everyone here on PT - a very happy & healthy New Year - we all know we deserve it!!!!

Good luck Kim, things will start working out for you and your family. Sometimes we think it will not, but eventually it HAS to!! Keep your chin up, girl!! We are all behind you 110% !!!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Kim, I support your decision 100%. I know how much stress you've had in your life lately and I'm glad to hear that it's already a lot less stressful. I could never handle that many cats and can sometimes barely handle my six so please don't feel like you've done something terrible. You saved them and kept them in your loving home until you found them the best homes possible and you should be extemely proud of yourself. I hope that the New Year will be a very happy and much less stressful one for you and your family.