Sorry I haven't been posting much over the last few days guys but hubby had the flu and then passed it on to me. I am still dying from it but am doing much better than a couple of days ago. Seems like the worst part of it is over.

Anyway, to make a long story short. I had to go out today to get wet food for Vixen. The traffic was crazy as was the store. So I was gone about an hour. Guido stayed home and slept as he is working nights this weekend so his brother took me. Usually I lock the door when we leave but this time I didn't cause Guido was home and I was only going to the pet store.

Like I said we were gone about 1 hour. When I got home. Here was Vixen sitting OUTSIDE at the bottom of the step. I almost passed out. How in god's name did she get out? I asked myself. As soon as she seen me get out of the car she ran for the door of the house to get back inside. She must have been out about 20 minutes or so cause she was cold.

I cannot believe she didn't go anywhere. We still can't figure out how she got out. The door was closed. There were no windows open. There are no holes to the outside she can crawl through. Guido had been sleeping maybe 30 minutes when we got back. So she had gotten outside somehow in the 10 or 15 minutes after he fell asleep cause when he laid down she was asleep on her cat tree.

We are completely baffled as to how she got outside. And once I got inside I just scooped her up and cuddled her so hard. I cannot believe how lucky we are she didn't go anywhere. What a good girl. And since I came back she is tight to me. She is a velcro kitty. I guess she was reallu happy that meowmie came home and got her back in the warm house and away from the scary cold outside.

I am counting my blessing today knowing that she could have wandered or anything could have happened to her. My God how lucky were we that she was fine and that we came home when we did.