Thread: Hello From Tennessee!

Hello From Tennessee!

Just stopping by to say a quick hello...I went on a spur of the moment road trip to Nashville, TN to meet my cousin, who was also driving down from Massachusetts. It was a VERY long drive-according to mapquest it was only supposed to be about 10 hours, it took more than 12. For her it was about 15 hours.

It is a GORGEOUS place-lots of scenery. I drove through near Chatanooga and from what I could see (it was getting dark) it was just so pretty! Nashville is very nice...I went down to the strip on 2nd avenue, where there are shops/bars/restaurants and walked around for a while. Most of the people here are very courteous and very friendly, unlike Tampa . Of course I turned the wrong corner here and there and came across some interesting people, to say the least, but you get those everywhere. I forgot my camera but my cousin took some pictures and I'll post those once she sends me them. I'll be home tomorrow.

BTW, neither of our parents know . My cousin was supposed to be in Connecticut for the weekend, and I was going on a "camping and fishing trip". Haha, I guess it's just one of those crazy things to mark down in the memory books.
    Needless to say I think I'll fly next time, or make sure I can spend a week or two up here. I would LOVE to live here...it's really my dream state.

Hey! I was born in Chattanooga. I miss the four seasons. I'll bet the weather is nice right now. You really should contact your parents so they will know where you are in case something happens. And, have a good time.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

How neat, we're leaving in an hour to go to Nashville. =] I'm happy to say ours will only be a 5 hour trip, though.
    I hope we have as good of a time as you're having!
    And I hope you have a safe trip once its time for you to go home.
    Take care.

I was in Nashville last year for a company meeting. What little I saw of it was nice, just wish they had set aside a day for us to go sight seeing. I DID get to meet Kimlovescats while I was there and that made the trip worthwhile for me.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'm staying until Friday now, thankfully I don't have to drive again today!

My cousin's friend came with her too. She had been looking for a puppy before and when they got here, she unfortunately got one from someone who has beagles for hunting. The dog's not doing too well I don't think...I think he is getting kind of anemic, his gums are pale-probably worms. He breathes heavily too...dosen't pant just has a hard time breathing. He hasn't used to the bathroom since yesterday afternoon either. I scared her enough so we are going to the vet with him in a little bit. I don't think she would take him at all if I didn't push her to do so...I'm hoping that I can get the vet to scare her a little bit (talk about parvo and stuff) so she'll do his shots and stuff. The lady said he has his first shots but the girl never got any proof so I doubt it. Anyways, I hope that goes ok. Otherwise I'm having a good time.

Welcome to Tennessee! I'm in Knoxville in east TN (the mountainess part of the state).We are having some nice warmer weather right now so good time to visit.

From Decker with Love

Welcome to TN! I live about 30 miles from Nashville! You'll have to come back again some time when you can really see the beauty of the state! Like Jazzcat said, the mountain are gorgeous particularly in the Fall!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!