Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Book Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mike001
    I read Ceasar Millan's book, but after seeing what happened on the tv show I don't especially favour him anymore.
    I have Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul, looks prety good so far.
    Love to reread Jack London's "Call of the Wild"
    Can you tell me what you saw on the show that you didn't like?

Call of the Wild is a great book. It's a bit sad. I read it recently because it's considered a classic and we never read it in school.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    Somewhere on Pet Talk there is an excerpt from "From Baghdad With Love" taken from Reader's Digest. I loved the excerpt - except that it gave me the Pet Talk Leaky Eye Syndrome when the man and the dog get back together.
    My SIL started Reader's Digest for us for Christmas - that story was the first one I read! Very heartwarming. As far as books, I'm reading "Find and Use Your Inner Power" by Emmet Fox, a book of short one-page readings. It's thought-provoking, insightful, & uplifting.

At the moment I am reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Although, I got Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul for Christmas, so I've been reading a few stories from that. I've cried in almost every story.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

I have just started to read Stephen Kings Dreamscapes & Dreamcatchers.

During the latter part of 2006 I read the entire Outlander series of books written by American author Diana Gabaldon. If you're into fiction and interested in Scottish and early American History as well as time travelers, it is an amazing set of books. Well written, the cast of characters is great! I can't wait for the next book in this series
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I love to read. At the moment I'm reading Sweet Revenge by Fern Michaels.

I've read the first two you posted about. The Cesar Millan book was really interesting. I just got done with To Kill a Mockingbird for English, and now I'm going to read A Good Dog by John Katz.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I'm reading two books right now.

The Dream Thief by Shana Abe

Eragon by Christopher Paolini

I'm not exactly sure what kind of writing style I enjoy - I'm just very picky and right away know a good book (to me) when I read the first page. And these two are definitely good and well written!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Right know I am reading Peace with God by Billy Graham.I am going to start the book How dog food saved the earth.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I bought From Baghdad, with love the other day. It looks great, I cannot wait to start reading it!! But first, I'm read Chicken Soup for the dog lover's soul its a great book.

I was looking for a thread like this because I always enjoy the one about movies - though I am more of a reader

I am currently reading "Memoirs of a Geisha" for the 2nd time and enjoying it very much. From what I have read in reviews, the historic facts are pretty accurate except for some of the license taken as a novel.

This book is the story of a small girl and her sister who were both "sold" into a life as Japanese geisha. The descriptive language is so very interesting to read. The book follows the life of Chiyo/Sayuri, the little girl. It reads as though it is an actual memoir of an old woman recounting her life to a college professor. The story spans from pre-WWII to the modern day.

I really liked Memoirs of a Giesha!

I just finished Jane Eyre- what a fun Saturday night I had! LOL, there was a special on PBS the other night, and it made me want to re-read it. What a book! Last night, I finished this silly book called, Posh. Don't bother. It was so light that I could skip pages, and still maintain the story line.

I need some more books. I have one left from last week's trip to the 'bary, but, it isn't really grabbing me.

I'm currently reading "Running from the Law" by Lisa Scottoline. It's a great book so far. I love thrillers and mysteries, inspirational, and psychology books best. I happened to be at the bookstore last night and discovered that the show "Monk" is now in books so of course I had to buy one. Can't wait to read that, I love that show!

I'm partly through an anthology of short stories by Neil Gaiman

Bengalz -- I just finished reading the Outlander series too

"Souled American" certainly sounds like a book one of my dear friends would love to read! I'll be sure to look for it next time I'm at the bookstore.

It's hard for me to go into a bookstore and not come out with at least 1 (if not more) books. I actually have several waiting to be read at the moment as I've gone on a book shopping spree over the past couple of weeks.

I recently discovered Kelley Armstrong and her woman of the otherworld series. I picked up Dime Store Magic and read through it in just a matter of days. I loved it! I immediately went back to pick up her book Bitten, which is actually first in the series, although a different character than the one featured in Dime Store. I can't wait to start reading it. I'll more than likely pick up the remaining books in this series next time I go to the bookstore.

Currently, at work I keep things light and am reading "Out of the Madhouse", which is the first book in Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The Gatekeeper Trilogy.
    I'm almost done with it, so will have to pick a new book for work soon.

I always read before bed, and I'm right in the middle of The Trouble with Witches by Shirley Damsgaard.

I found her books a little over a year ago, and enjoyed them. I read the first two in this series and was pleasantly surprised to see a 3rd book had come out last time I was at the bookstore, so I picked it up and have been reading it before bed. I'll probably finish before this week is out, and will probably start on Bitten.