Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: The Book Thread

currently reading NORA ROBERTS THE WITNESS, i was lucky enough to win 10 copies, so have given some to friends, sold a few and now am finally reading it, seems quite good so far, i prefer this type of her writing to her romance ones to be frank.,anyhow got lots and lots of reading to do.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Two books I heartily recommend, especially if you are a cat lover. Both are true stories.

You can look inside both books on Amazon

Paw Prints in the Moonlight.

A snowy January night. A cat that beat the odds. A man whose life would be forever changed. This is the remarkable story of Toby Jug, the extraordinary cat who thought he was human.

Paw Prints in the Moonlight is the truly special tale of one kind man and the cat that changed his life. Set in the rural splendor of Northumberland, England, this heart warming and classic book will be cherished by people of all ages.

When Denis O'Connor rescues a three-week-old kitten from certain death during a snowstorm, little does he know how this tiny creature will change his life forever. Against all odds the kitten—whom he names Toby Jug—survives and turns out to be a wondrous Maine Coon Cat extraordinaire. Life with Toby is never dull, and Denis and Toby embark on a series of sometimes comical, sometimes poignant adventures that bring them ever closer together. From the massive invasion of bees at Owl Cottage to the mysterious case of the disappearing tomatoes, Denis and Toby form an extraordinary bond, and the cat that no one thought would live through the night ends up altering the lives of everyone he meets.
    http://www.amazon.com/Paw-Prints-Moo...5/ref=rec_dp_0

Paw Tracks at Owl Cottage

When Denis O'Connor and his wife Catherine return to Owl Cottage, only to find it in a dilapidated state, they decide to restore his former home. But the memory of Denis' beloved cat, Toby Jug, still lingers on. On impulse, he buys four Maine Coon kittens and names them Pablo, Carlos, Luis and Max. Set against the wilds of the Northumbrian coast, Denis tenderly and humorously charts the ups and downs of life with his mischievous new cats. Forays into this beautiful countryside - in order to train his cats to bond more closely with him - are never without incident. However, when Pablo disappears, Denis is once again reminded of Toby Jug and the strength of bond between man and cat...

http://www.amazon.com/Paw-Tracks-at-...+the+moonlight

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Funny Cat Books

I just finished reading the first of 4 of these very humorous books written by Max Thompson. Max is the author and is a tuxie house cat who writes about his world as he sees it. He's flippant, funny, sassy, and also a little bit of a potty mouth, but not offensively so. If our cats could talk, I'm certain that they would be saying all of the things that Max says. Laugh out loud funny reading for all - not just those who are/were owned by cats.

The Phychokitty Speaks Out: Diary of a Mad Housecat.................This is the one I just finished.

The Psychokitty Speaks Out: Something of Yours Will Meet a Toothy Death

The Rules: A Guide for People Owned by Cats

Bite Me: A Memoir (Of Sorts)

These are all available on Amazon - Kindle and "real" book variety.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thanks for the recommendations Elllie, I've just bought the two Psychokitty ones and 'The Rules: A guide ... ' for my Kindle.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations Elllie, I've just bought the two Psychokitty ones and 'The Rules: A guide ... ' for my Kindle.
    I think you'll find them to be very funny. I just happened upon them when I was looking for some new books for my Kindle. I bought the 2 Phychokitty ones, and when I finish this next one that I haven't started yet, I'll buy the other two. Great reading if you need a laugh - or even if you don't.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

I've got some recycled books today. Have any of you read these authors?

John R. Maxim
    Clifford Irving
    John Grisham

Did you like them?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post

John R. Maxim
    Clifford Irving
    John Grisham

Did you like them?
    If you like thrillers, you should enjoy John Grisham's works. I highly recommend him.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post

John R. Maxim
    Clifford Irving
    John Grisham

Did you like them?
    I read some of the John Grisham books and enjoyed them immensely.

Halfway through Sum It Up by Pat Summitt - long time coach of the University of Tennessee Women's Basketball team. She was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimers 2 years ago. The first chapter I alternated crying with laughing - since then it's mostly laughs. What a wonderful life she had - what a difference she made to women's collegiate athletics

I highly recommend this one - even if sports isn't your thing. It's the story of a life well lived

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I read some of the John Grisham books and enjoyed them immensely.
    I like John Grisham's books for the most part. One book I just finished was "All the Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr. It's about a French girl and a German boy during World War II. It got great reviews. The two characters are in situations where they must protect themselves and they get it done. I won't say any more than that because I don't want to give it away. My mom's book club is reading it now.

Pomtzu, my mom is thinking about Christmas gifts already- I'll keep your suggestion of Max Thompson's Psychokitty books in mind!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678