Thread: No water

No water

My boyfriend is in the middle of fixing the toilet. He had to turn the water off to do so. Then, a valve broke, and flooded the bathroom.
    He drove to a home improvement store to get the part.
    He just called me to report he had a flat tire, and there was also an accident on the road.
    So I will be without water for a while longer.
    After being annoyed by the inconvenience, I remembered the people of Puerto Rico, who have been without fresh water for many, very long weeks, and I became embarrassed about my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    My boyfriend is in the middle of fixing the toilet. He had to turn the water off to do so. Then, a valve broke, and flooded the bathroom.
    He drove to a home improvement store to get the part.
    He just called me to report he had a flat tire, and there was also an accident on the road.
    So I will be without water for a while longer.
    After being annoyed by the inconvenience, I remembered the people of Puerto Rico, who have been without fresh water for many, very long weeks, and I became embarrassed about my thoughts.
    Rule one of any home improvement project works like this........

A) Any home repair or improvement will take at least TWO trips to the Lowes/Home Depot/Menards.

B) If the trip for parts or materials ONLY take one trip, said trip will involve another incident which will sidetrack or impede the progress of a successful parts foray.

C) Anything that can go wrong, will.

and as you have so thoughtfully stated.....

D) It's only temp thing..

-----------

The things we take for granted are always the simplest luxuries in our lives.

(Be thankful you have a handyperson in the family - plumbers are expensive!)

Wise of you to be so thoughtful, not everyone would be. I am currently looking after a friend's apartment, and the last time I did, it had no water or sewage for a couple weeks. So now, every time I go there, I turn on the tapp just to make sure it will be functioning when she returns.
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Seems like so many folks are suffering on so many levels right now. Also my family. I am counting my blessings as I am doing pretty good right now and can help out, very thankful for that!! Sometimes good timing is important and priceless, and rarely occurs in my experience

Blog Entries
    P.s. I love it when the power goes out. The silence, candles , peace and serenity amen