Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I be mad??

Should I be mad??

I'm at a total loss for words right now. I don't know if I should be mad or let it be. I found out tonight that my mom has had 3 miscarries since me and my twin sister were born. It was by total accident that we (me and my sister) found out. I'm not sure if I should be mad or not.. would you be?? I think she could have told us when it happend or sooner than now..
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

IMO, you have no reason to be mad.

That is your mother's private business and she has no obligation to let you know about it.

Miscarriages are a very personal and upsetting thing. Your mother was probably very upset each time and just wanted to spare you and your sister the pain. Don't be mad at her!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Lol ok, I was pretty sure she was probably really upset about it at the time. I dont think I could be mad at her, I guess I'm just kinda frustrated because when she told me about it tonight, she didn't make it sound like a big deal, and I know it had to have been each time.

Weird..every Christmas I find out something new, last year it was that my brothers son died from SIDS. Hopefully no more bad news will come!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Speaking from personal experiance, a Miscarriage is a very personal thing. Your mother had every right to keep that to herself. I am sure even now it was very difficult for her to talk about it. Nothing to get mad about.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

There is no justification for you to be mad - I cannot see any reasons for being mad either.

But it is very saddening. I can only imagine how upsetting it was for your Mother.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

IMO, no, you have no reason whatsoever to be angry. That is your mother's personal and private business.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    Miscarriages are a very personal and upsetting thing. Your mother was probably very upset each time and just wanted to spare you and your sister the pain. Don't be mad at her!
    Ditto.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Nope, I don't think you should be mad. Your mom may have found it too painful to discuss. Instead of thinking of yourself, have you tried to be there for her?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I don't think you should be mad. You could ask your mom why she didn't tell you, seeing as she's telling you now, maybe then you will understand.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    I agree, and also hard to deal with. In her greif, the last thing she needs is your anger. Miscarriages are not her fault. And telling you may have been too painful to discuss. If anything, now that you know, I think you should offer support to her..like " oh mom I am so sorry...".

Why be mad? Thats private thing between your mother and father. Even if she had it when you were 2 or last week, its a private matter. Do you tell your mom everything?

My mom had an ectoptic pregnancy when I was 3. She ended up having emergency surgery to remove the fetus (it was a girl) and it was only when I was in college that mom told me I almost had a baby sister. Was I mad? Nope, just disappointed that I could have had a sister.

Since it is at Christmas when she tells you these things, I'd say she is missing them and thinking of what might have been had she carried them to term and had them. I had one myself before I had my daughter Rie and her brother and I don't know if I have ever told her about it. It is not a secrete by no means but just one of the many sad things that happened in my life.

Why should you be mad about it? Maybe she was just trying to save you the burden of missing them or wondering what might have been too....

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

IMO, no, you have no reason whatsoever to be angry. That is your mother's personal and private business.
    Double ditto.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I suppose it is one of those things where we were thinking back to what might have been. My sister, even to this day, still asks for a little brother or sister. Last night my mom said, we tried, but had 3 miscarriages, so you could have had a little brother or sister. I do feel bad, and I am not in ANY way mad at my mom at all, I feel really bad for her. I hope one day, if she wants to talk about it, she will come to me or my sister, but she can get really upset so I don't want to ask her about it right now, at Christmas time and have her get upset. Thanks for the help everyone. Merry Christmas!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-