Thread: New Puppy please help stop barking

New Puppy please help stop barking

Hello All,

my husband and I just got a new 4 1/2 months Maltese. I think we both been spendin way too much time with him and he already been spoil.

Every night when we getting ready for bed and put him back in his creat he is non-stop barking. I am talking about hours after hours.

Since he is a tea cup size none of the "no barking" collar will fit on him.

I did some research online and got this product (have not order it) called "Pet Stop Bark" by King Bio Natural Medicines.

Can anyone tell me if this thing works or if it safe to use on puppy?

Please help........

Happy Holidays

I would not use this on a puppy. There is too much of a chance for anything young for inhalation pnemonia.
    What I would do, is ( hard now) flat out ignore the dog. Make sure he has gone potty, has water, put him in, give him a treat, then that is it. ONE time taking him out, you lost the battle in his mind. Say nothing at him- do not say BE QUIET nothing- .. If you are saying this, you are only convincing him more that being in the crate is bad news. Hard as it is- even with a pillow over your head, ignore him- sacrifice one night- ( the weekend is coming up) and flat out ignore him..

When he barks in his crate now, what do you do?

BTW, I wouldn't use the product on a puppy or without the supervision of a professional trainer.
    MACH Aslan RE, MX, MXJ, EAC, EJC, OCC, Wv-N, TN-N, TG-N, R-SN, J-SN, R2-CL, CGC, TDI, FFX-AG (five year old sheltie)
    Jericho OA, NAJ, R1-MCL, CGC, FFX-AP (three year old sheltie)
    Laika NAJ, CGC (nine year old retired American Eskimo)

I've been defrosted.

Ignore ignore ignore. Do not look at him, do not talk to him, do not touch him. Do not talk over him, do not make reference to him, do not turn the tv up to hear over him. All of this lets him know his braking is affecting you and he';ll continue to do it. IGNORE him.

Then NEVER let him out of his crate if he's making ANY type of noise... no barking, no wimpering, nothing. Only let him out when he's quiet. He'll learn quickly enough that barking doesn't get what he wants.

Right now I'm sure his barking is getting PLENTY of attention (in the form of SHUT UP!) Dogs and puppies don't care if the attention is "oh what a gooood boy you are!" or "Mangy mutt, shut up!" Its all attention to them.

yup!!

They know what they say. Talking, yelling, or opening that crate to let him out is only re-enforcing that he is going to get his way by keeping up with the barking. It is so hard to do and I, myself, have caved in because sometimes you cannot take it anymore. You need to get up in the morning and you need your sleep. But I really think that doing this one or two nights will cure him. But you have to absolutely ignore him completely. Good luck. Let us know how your nerves are in a few days!