Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How are you preparing for Christmas?

How are you preparing for Christmas?

I'm only having my mom come, but I had to shovel out the cars (I'm exhausted- it took me about 2.5 hours of digging through the drifts) and I've been cleaning. I'm not quite done yet, either! I also have to wrap a few more gifts. I'm going to wait till my mom gets here to do some baking- it will be more fun that way!

I'm hoping that my mom's flight comes in on time tomorrow, but who knows since there's so many stranded people at the Denver airport.

So, what are you doing to get ready for the holidays?

Shopping, wrapping, cleaning. We aren't doing christmas here so it won't be too much work.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Tomorrow I'll be going to the bank to get some money for my little Nephews (don't know what to buy them), going to my sister's to pick up some chairs for Xmas Day, going to the dump to drop off some Xmas lights, grocery shopping for Xmas Day, baking cookies and baking a cake. It's supposed to rain most of the day so I'll enjoy staying in and baking. Oh, and I have to clean (forgot about that).
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Working like crazy...even on Christmas Eve. It's my job as a groomer to get everyone's pets ready for Christmas! Somehow I have to manage to get my own dogs washed before then too, I love having soft clean dogs to snuggle.

I still have shopping to do, presents to wrap, etc. I'm not at all prepared. I did manage to bake some cookies to bring to work at least.

I got my boxes of gifts mailed out. Otherwise I don't have anything to prepare for this year. It'll just be me and my pups.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

just finished the shopping today, whew! Had to work this morning and will work the morning of christmas eve, which will be crazy. I plan to spend tomorrow wrapping packages and baking cookies. We're spending Christmas Day with my SIL, about a two hour drive from here. Star and Sherms are coming too. I hope they don't fight with her 2 boxers. I'm just glad I'll be with my husband & the furkids that day. Will see my 2 sons on Dec. 26th.

I've been sick for the last 2 weeks, and I really haven't felt like doing a thing. Thankfully I did my shopping earlier..but I still haven't wrapped one present yet!! Ack! Being sick, makes for a very merry christmas, I think...

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I hope your Moms Flight into Denver arrives safely and on time~
    (I've been reading about the situation out your way )

I finished up shopping for the Feast on Christmas Day~

All the gifts have been wrapped, including those for my Grand Doggies, and I plan on making the homemade pies on Christmas Eve~

I am so Thank-ful that "we " didn't get all that SNOW!!!!!!

WOW!!!!
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy39
    I hope your Moms Flight into Denver arrives safely and on time~
    Thank you, so far, it's on time, so I'm happy! I was worried it would be canceled. I've still got my fingers crossed though because it doesn't leave the ground for another hour and a half. Picking her up should be fun though!

Audrey, I'm sorry to hear that you are sick- that's no fun. I hope you feel better soon!

Shopping, wrapping, resting, playing with Gizmo, more shopping, wrapping, etc....
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I'm running around like a maniac trying to find the last presents - I'm also THINKING about baking cookies and making chocolade truffles. Then, when I'm about to panic, I sit here and think "what the #€%&! I'm doing what I can, and my home does start to look like christmas! For me, Christmas is about relaxing and having a cosy time - AND having more time to cuddle Fister!!

When I've had another glass of wine, it'll all be OK.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by slleipnir
    I've been sick for the last 2 weeks, and I really haven't felt like doing a thing. Thankfully I did my shopping earlier..but I still haven't wrapped one present yet!! Ack! Being sick, makes for a very merry christmas, I think...
    Hope you feel better.

I've been okay this Christmas (health wise). But I woke up with a migraine. I think it's all the stress of what I still have to do. I'm baking cookies right now. I still have to clean and bake a cake. All my shopping is done & wrapping too. Though I still need to wrap some baskets.

I need a beer.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Gloucestershire but originally from Scotland!
    Bah Humbug! We will be working this Festive season again so we just can not be bothered with the whoo ha of it all -we are going out for lunch at a nice pub/restaurant -yummy food and no dishes to wash!
    Then I go back to my housesit job and fuss my little furry client while Rob (hubby) goes to work on nights as a custody nurse with the local police!!!!
    No pressies to unwrap - we wait till the sales and then buy something we both want at half the price - its the Scottish trait!! and thats how we do Christmas!!!! LOL LOL

Merry Christmas one and all!!!

How am I preparing? I haven't been. I've been working!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul
    I got my boxes of gifts mailed out. Otherwise I don't have anything to prepare for this year. It'll just be me and my pups.
    I'm so jealous! I am a big Scrooge at heart. I'm always just glad when it over!

My son is going to his dad's mother's family dinner tonight, so he won't be here. My husband's son is in the state reform school, 300 miles away. My husband left this morning at 6:00 am to go visit him. My husband is understandably having a hard time with this at Christmas. It's not going to be a fun day tomorrow, I have a feeling.

So, today, I plan on laying around in my pajamas and surfing the internet, reading books, taking a nap, etc. Aaaahhhhhh...... I'm done shopping and wrapping. Although, we might go to the mall. Sounds maschochist, I know ... but maybe it will get us in the Christmas spirit. OTOH ... that would require actually getting dressed. Hmmmmm.

I, of course, also have to work today, and tomorrow ... and every day of the year. I've got about forty dogs in the boarding kennel to take care of.

Tomorrow we will open presents here in the morning. My parents come over first thing in the morning, and I make breakfast. That, of course, was fun when my son was small and thrilled that Santa came, and had lots of toys to open. Now, he's almost sixteen, and has a couple of big, expensive presents, and he already knows what they are. Christmas is for kids, IMO. Something just gets lost in translation when you have a bunch of adults trying to look thrilled about too-small sweaters and fondue pots.

Then we have two Christmas dinners to go to tomorrow, one at 2:00 pm and one at 5:00 pm. Then I guess we'll just roll our over-stuffed bodies home and go to bed!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien