Thread: I don't even know what to title this... *Updated*

I don't even know what to title this... *Updated*

I'm in tears right now...I don't understand. Everything has come to a head...some of you have asked what the 'family problems' were that made me move back home 2 months ago. Well, after this post, http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=112314 and everything that happened, my dad joined the army. He's been in basic for 6 weeks or so and is now home for a christmas break. He is doing infantry, and his graduate date is in march. He got his assignment-Washington state. No big deal, right, he's supposed to be assigned there for 4 years and somewhere in there go to Iraq for a year.

He remarried my mom before he left, so she could get the army benefits (they were previously divorced). Well I guess they are completely back together now, because apparantly we are all supposed to move to washington. She basically wants to force me to come, and as it stands I can't afford to live on my own. I was even thinking of using my florida scholarship and going back to school next year...I'm pretty upset at that, any other state I might be alright with, but washington of all of them...I've moved SO much in my life, between MA and FL and ME, I don't want to move again.

But, no matter my feelings on THAT issue, I was still considering it. Then I said well, I guess we'll have to figure out a way to ship 7 dogs to WA. No one said anything...they said we will be renting and won't bring 7 dogs. They said 2, maybe 3. What?!?!?! I am NOT getting rid of my dogs! Plus I won't be able to have a horse until we move back, I'll have to return or sell Ava, and get rid of my 'tiel and I didn't ask about the cats. My mom's always accused me of loving the dogs more than I love my own family...and maybe its true...but I can't just rehome all my dogs. My mom ALREADY asked me to find a home for her dog, star, because she can't do it herself. It's only been 3 days since we found out where he is being stationed! And to follow the guy that has screwed her over about 10 times across the country, is ridiculous. I have no respect for him.

I'm so upset...I'm going to have to see if I can find a place to live or someone to live with that will let me have my dogs and my cat. I've had so much drama in my life lately I don't know what to do.
    Last edited by areias; 12-24-2006 at 12:08 AM.

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    I'm so sorry. (((HUGS)))

Sorry, I just don't know what to say. (((HUGS)))

STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

I am sorry for your situation. I was not keen on the idea of moving to LA but sometimes we can't have everything work out the way we want it to.

Maybe see if you can find cheap, clean, housing? Have a friend that can puppysit? Or board? Etc. Any other family members?

What do you mean "any other place but WA state"? What's wrong with it there?

Quote Originally Posted by Wenisrubber
    I am sorry for your situation. I was not keen on the idea of moving to LA but sometimes we can't have everything work out the way we want it to.

Maybe see if you can find cheap, clean, housing? Have a friend that can puppysit? Or board? Etc. Any other family members?

What do you mean "any other place but WA state"? What's wrong with it there?

Unfortunately it will be for 4 years...don't know anyone who will puppysit for that long . I am just about to go talk to a friend of mine and see if I can roomie with her and her boyfriend. My mom's looking to move by May, though. I don't know...so much can happen between now and then, hopefully we'll end up NOT moving. But they seem really serious...

I have kind of extended family on the other side of FL, and they DO have a seperate inlaw apartment, but unfortunately my aunt lives in there right now. Also don't know what to do about the dogs if I were to move there, though. I have a coworker that LOVES cattle dogs, if I were to even think for a second about rehoming any of them, but she already has 3 dogs so I don't know. Plus with Romeo's "problem", I really don't know.

I don't know... WA is freezing cold in the winter and it rains all the time, so I've heard. It's diagonally across the country from FL. I've already looked at houses and stuff (lol) and there's not much land at all in the area we're supposed to be in. I prefer more of a rural feeling. I seriously think that the only two states I wouldn't like to live in would be WA and MI.

It just seems so surreal.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope everything goes well with everyone and you all can come up with a fair solution. Your mom cannot force you to go and if you do have enough money to move out, then do so. ((hugs))

I know this is a bit of an odd question, but can you look in other states for a house? North Carolina or Tennessee. Georgia is also supposed to have cheap realstate. Not much help, but i'm just suggesting a few places.

[HUGS] and lots of em! I really don't know what to say either, except I'm sorry.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

If you've lived through a New England winter, WA will be much, much warmer, if you are West of the Rockies, anyway.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I wish I had some good, practical advice to give. Do you have any friends that would rent a pet friendly house/apartment with you?

I hope you don't have to move if it's something you don't want and you can't take all your pets...I hope a good solution presents its self, I'll be sending good thoughts anyway.

pm'd you.
    I always heard Washington State was just beautiful. I have only been there a few times in my life, but I thought it was a beautiful state.
    Last edited by borzoimom; 12-21-2006 at 08:28 AM.

I'm so sorry about all this . I can't help much (I wish I could), but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    I really hope you can find the best alternative for you and your pets.

(((((HUGS)))))
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

As for now, it looks like my dad will be sent to Iraq a few weeks after he gets sent WA.

My mom will not be moving until he gets back.

Thank you for your support...it all goes very appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by areias
    As for now, it looks like my dad will be sent to Iraq a few weeks after he gets sent WA.

My mom will not be moving until he gets back.

Thank you for your support...it all goes very appreciated.
    My step son and soon to be step son who are marines, got back from Iraq about 6 months ago. Your Dad will also be in our prayers.. !