Thread: Is My Cat Sick???

Is My Cat Sick???

My cat has been sneezing for awhile. I'm not sure if she's sick or not. Everyone was sick with colds and pink eye so I'm not sure if she cought it or if it's something else. Please help!!

Sick?

Hey your cat might not be sick but its nothing serious if she sneezing a lot. My cat has done that when I get over a cold or flu. Just relax your kitties fine

Thanks for the advice

Sneezing could be anything from simply inhaling dust up the nose, or be be the start of an upper respiratory infection or any number of things.

If the cat is eating, playing, sleeping normally and has normal litterbox habits I wouldn't worry too much about it if the sneezing just started.

However if it continues for a week or more, cat starts sleeping more, vomiting, stops eating or using the litterbox, or has any kind of discharge from the eyes/nasal passages, then get your cat in to see the vet.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

My 13 year old tortie, Mollie Rose has constant sneezing, stuffy nose and watery eyes. She was diagnosed with kitty asthma. She will be going to the vet soon, as I've noticed she has lost weight and isn't eating as well as she should be.

Unless your kitty isn't eating and using the litterbox, I wouldn't worry.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

ALOT OF upper respitory has been going around, especially here in texas anyways, and it can be very serious, especially if they stop eating, she will need a vet. BUT We have found that ZITHROMAX cures it in days!
    Hopefully she has a speedy recovery and its nothing serious, keep us posted

Thanks for the advice everyone!!